Oscar Pistorius Guilty or Not ?

B/M/S

Guilty or Not Guilty ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whats your verdict on the Oscar Pistorius

Not really been following it too closely, but from what I have come across both the guilty and not guilty stories are equally plausible. Guess this is maybe one you really need to be in the court to read reactions and body language of the players as the counter claims are fought out.

For sure there a lot of unanswered questions but i dont believe he set out to kill Ms Steenkamp , i think he was a overly paranoid person who acted on instinct that night , South Africa has a terrible problem with crime and violence and that contributed to his actions.

But i also wonder why A. he never realised that she had left the bed and B. Why did'nt she shout out to him ??? When he was screaming ? Or was it the fact that she was so terrified she thought best to remain quiet ?

Edited by B/M/S

Considering that the trial is being shown on TV, I think it only natural that people will form their own opinion. We are hardly likely to influence the Judge and her advisors. A bit extreme to suggest that the opinions expressed so far would have 'Him swing' especially as the sentence passed, if He is found guilty, will be prison, not death.

I agree with Colin on this one. I don't think any of us should be sitting in judgement regardless of whether or not it's on TV. In my opinion this or any other court case should not become prime time or car crash tv.

We are all entitled to form our own opinion or thoughts on the case, but to let's leave the decision making to the professionals who have all the facts at their disposal.

In this Country, the decision would be up to 12 members of the Jury, none of whom in the vast majority of trial cases would be 'proffesionals' and all of whom are able to make a judgement on facts presented. Anyone can go into a court room and watch the trial if they so choose. If a country decides to televise a trial, then what is wrong with people making a judgement based on what they see and hear? Its no worse that making a judgement based on what is reported in the news or in the papers.

The poll clearly has the options, guilty or not guilty in it and if you want to publicly state on forums that you believe someone is guilty of something and they are later proven innocent, I think you could be opening yourself up for redress. The fact it's all over social media any way doesn't make it right.

Was there not a case last year where a MP sought compensation from known people who claimed on social sites that he was guilty and hundreds of others who made similar comments were requested to make a donation to charity.?

Basically what your saying is that if your mother, father, brother, sister or what ever was charged with a horrendous crime, it would be ok for us all to be saying on various social media that he or she was guilty, and we could get away with that even if he or she was later proven innocent !

GUILTY !!!, I have no doubt he shot her with intent to kill, and now trying to wriggle out of a custodial sentence.

Does anyone know if Ladbrooks or william hill is taking bets and what the odds are at present?? I would like to shove a few quid on him being convicted, I have more faith in the south african courts than the hopeless UK ones.

I'm just not comfortable with 'opinions' (which you are ALL entitled to) being aired whilst the trial is in progress.  What next? Dial 0908xxxxxx to vote.  Calls cost xxx etc...

The fact that it is televised is, in some ways, a good thing and I'm sure that opinions expressed here will have little or no bearing on the final judgement but, I'm already sick of it taking over the news headlines(?)

Perhaps this is the reason why jury trials etc. are NOT televised in this country.

I would happily voice my own opinions and join in any discussion AFTER the trial is over and final judgement has been passed but, until then, I think that a little caution(?) should be exercised.

Just a personal opinion and, not intended to attack anyone.