Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

.....and all of a sudden nobody gave a damn anymore about Brexit, Trump's shenanigans, English floods, Australia's fires, how much dodgy crap politicians are 'burying' quietly, the colour of Kim Il Jong's drawers etc...... :ponders:

Brexit being delayed yet again hasn't even been news for several years now,

Delayed because MUH virus concerns.

Australia as we know it is a total lie and all footage and visits to "Australia" since 2 November 1932 have taken place elsewhere unbenounced to the tourists or been photoshoped/filmed on Norfolk island.

I think therefore i am,

from whence doth thought hail?

eh? @nullvoid Are you on this planet?

I assume so,

Based on where i believe i am, i am from what i recall be this same planet.

I however have no way of knowing if the memories i woke up with this morning were there yesterday and neither do you since we would use said memories as the point of reference.

Brexit being delayed yet again hasn't even been news for several years now,

Delayed because MUH virus concerns.

Five months ago the B.B.C put out Brexit delay: How is Article 50 extended?

Years ago, though.

This just in! Sky observed to be blue,

in other news Water believed to be Wet!

Brexit being delayed for the billionth time is not news at this point because it always happens and will continue to happen possibly even years after disbanding of the eu possibly even the heat death of the universe

We don’t print newspaper articles about bird droppings falling to earth changes in traffic lights and other predictable phenomenon because they aren’t newsworthy.

Since they stopped testing for coronavirus, we know how many people have tested positive, but we don't know how many people are self isolating because they have similar symptoms. For anyone who knows how to set it up, would this be the perfect place to anonymously report that they are suspected cases, giving a better understanding of how many cases there actually are in Shetland.

It's from today. It appears to be behind a paywall now, but the text I an access reads:

CORONAVIRUS
Coronavirus: Swine flu piles more pressure on Shetland’s health system

Marc Horne | Saturday March 21 2020, 12.01am, The Times

Shetland, the area of the UK worst affected by coronavirus, has also been hit by an outbreak of swine flu, heaping further pressure on its health services.

With 24 confirmed coronavirus cases the islands, which have no intensive care facilities and a population of 20,000, have the highest rate of the condition per head of population of anywhere in the British isles.

It has recorded more than seven cases per 10,000 compared with about 0.5 cases per 10,000 in Glasgow.

Susan Laidlaw, a public health consultant with NHS Shetland, confirmed there had also been an outbreak of H1N1 or swine flu.

She told BBC Radio Shetland: “We have had positive results for swine flu that caused the pandemic several years ago.”

In 2009, 457 people........

would this be the perfect place to anonymously report that they are suspected cases, giving a better understanding of how many cases there actually are in Shetland.

I know a couple who have almost certainly had it after being in contact with someone who had tested positive. The couple weren't tested but self-isolated and were quite ill for a week and have made a full recovery. AFAIK they're not included in any statistics.

Just put on your PPE and cover all your skin

Overalls
https://www.screwfix.com/c/safety-workwear/overalls/cat850366

Masks
https://www.screwfix.com/c/safety-workwear/dust-masks-respirators/cat850348

eaa451f4061863e9ff8317f9861f13658efaf4a9

buy £50 worth for free delivery to Shetland
Both reusable and disposable available
Shop around get it somewhere else, maybe they have discounts for doctors.

tumblr_pm3ydetEZb1uk2mkd_400.jpg

People were out drinking in a local pub last night.

Nearly 800 die in Italy in 24 hours.

Sounds a lot put like that, but for perspective if that daily death toll continued for a full year it would only amount to under 0.5% of the population.

Okay, slester for 292,000 stiffs and their nearest and dearest, but it would take over 207 years to eliminate the entire current Italian population at that rate.

The six years 1939/45 took out an average estimated 11600000 - 14100000 per year, and the world kept on turning. We have a long ways to go yet to get to extinction.

Edited by Ghostrider

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus