Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

If the virus induced stress and anxiety gets so bad for you that you can't handle a complete stranger's point of view on the internet than maybe it would be far better for your personal well being to switch off? Or alternatively hit the 'ignore' button? Sorry I can't hand you a tissue and pat your hand comfortingly.

Life comes to an end sooner or later and is full of suffering and misery for most of us. It's a cruel business, whether that is for humans or for animals. You will have known that all along so there's no point in stressing yourself out now. I just look at it from a detached, unemotional, dispassionate and philosophical angle, that's all.

*shrugs shoulders*

your condescending response is what I expected. Funny you didn’t answer the question about attending doctors, dentists etc, of course that would water down your couldn’t care less attitude you seem to be implying.

well, there wasn't much point in answering it and just repeating what Ghostrider and Sufferer... had already clearly stated! Do you want me to repeat the whole thing again? and no, I stay as far away as possible from dentists and doctors thanks very much. 

My my, this has rattled your world view all right! Can't handle that somebody has a different perspective? Why is that so important to you that we all buy into the mass hysteria? Does your fear need validating so much so you know you are not the only one turdting bricks at the prospect of shuffling off this mortal coil? 

We don't all subscribe to the pro natalist bs you know..... just accept that some of us have a very different attitude. and surprise surprise: it doesn't make it any more or less valid than your own views either!

Calm down, you are the one loosing it over someone questioning your views. Your views are clearly in a minority and whilst you have the right to express them, it doesn’t mean we all have to agree. I neither buy into mass hysteria or have any fear of dying, but I will do what I can to live as long as I wish to. 

your obviously someone who gets upset when people don’t agree with you, so as I don’t have the same opinions about life as you do, and it tends to upset you, I’ll cease from replying, now there you go, you’ve won. But I’m sure you’ll have to have a final dig. Ending correspondence.

I am far from upset. I am actually highly amused and entertained.  :razz:

I am a bit surprised and disappointed though that you haven't called me a troll yet. That's the usual response, after all.

I am used to the mainstream having a different opinion and frankly couldn't care less. That's the misanthrope in me.....sigh. 

The misanthropic position, loosely defined as a contempt of the human species, is often inherently hypocritical. Many misanthropes advocate for the eradication of their fellow humans, either through action or inaction as appears to be the case here, but if the misanthrope defines themselves as members of the group they hold in contempt, it is logical that they would want to eradicate themselves.

If they do not wish to eradicate themselves, it follows that they believe there is a purpose in their own existence or that they are sufficiently 'special' to fall outwith their own definition. The logical conclusion of this line of thinking is that the misanthrope considers their own existence to have more significance than the existence of the others whom they hold in contempt.

Colin, It may be an idea to give it some thought and keep an open mind then you will not get such a surprise when you do go and find out that you are not really dead.

Tarsus.  I did give it some thought.  I already told you 1 millionth of a second. 

I'd suggest looking at VHEMT if you seriously want to understand the view point clearly and maybe reading a bit of Schopenhauer, Benatar et al. 

Thank you, I will do so. My understanding of VHEMT is that it is an anti-natalist, as opposed to misanthropic, group. Is that correct?

I've dabbled in Schopenhauer and don't find his viewpoint to be particularly misanthropic. I must admit to finding his writings amusing at times due to the sheer bleakness and pessimism, but he does encourage us to engage in arts and philosophy as a way to find meaning.

I always said it would take an alien invasion to unite and sort out the world,

all the consumerism, affluenza, myism etc. Jettison the useless 1/3. 

{Not the telephone hygienists this time though!}

I had always envisaged something on the scale of a Vogon constructor fleet

not a tiny virus, but isn't it reckoned that all viruses originated off-planet?

Nature getting her own back?

https://thesecrettruthabout.com/the-georgia-guidestones-mystery/

"THE MESSAGE OF THE GEORGIA GUIDESTONES

1. Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

2. Guide reproduction wisely – improving fitness and diversity.

3. Unite humanity with a living new language.

4. Rule passion – faith – tradition – and all things with tempered reason.

5. Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

6. Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

7. Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

8. Balance personal rights with social duties.

9. Prize truth – beauty – love – seeking harmony with the infinite.

10.Be not a cancer on the earth – Leave room for nature – Leave room for nature."

Interesting times.

Just seen this advice from JK Rowling on the BBC News site.

Didn't know she was married to a doctor?

This is very good advice on how to try & avoid pneumonia.

"Please watch this doc from Queens Hospital explain how to relieve respiratory symptoms. For last 2 weeks I've had all symptoms of C19 (tho haven't been tested) & did this on doc husband's advice. I'm fully recovered & technique helped a lot.

https://youtu.be/HwLzAdriec0 

via @YouTube"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-england-52175851

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus