Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

I repeat ,someone should be named and held responsible , and that is probably not a politician but someone in the medical procurement department.

Remember PPE was hard to get and everyone was screaming out for it a few months back,lets get the full story before we crucify anyone,just ma'be the manufacturer did not follow the guidelines in which case then we should not pay them.but take them to court.for selling items that do not meet the required standards.

^Unfortunately we as individuals don't have the means to investigate dodgy government dealings, we have to rely on good investigative journalism and organisations like The Good Law Project to chase them through the courts.

Here's a link to a twitter thread from one of the directors/lawyers in The Good Law Project concerning dodgy procurement where the government have bypassed normal procurement procedures put in place to guard against waste and cronyism.

Edited by Capeesh

Isn't Westminster splendid, brilliant, really good. Well, it's pretty good. Ok, they like to look useful. Right, they think that everybody thinks that they're almost relatively useful in doing something that they don't get nicked for. Then again, PPE makers in UK frustrated by Westminster red tape but who cares they're absolutely brilliant at doing something that keeps themselves in the right place - while stripping us bare. After all, they've told us that we have to do that because they told us.

And while we're pandering to Westminster, we should also be pandering to royalty for some reason. Well, there must be some reason. They like to think that there's some reason for it. Well, so they tell us.

Edited by George.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.infowars.com/uk-government-scientist-admits-lockdown-was-a-monumental-mistake-on-a-global-scale/

Now, who was it who said something similar to this right at the start. ?  Mr Ghostrider I believe.

Funny that it's not on the BBC web site though.  Maybe it's a "conspiracy" theory ?

Alex Jones?

Try some guy who is more to worry about like Chris Whitty who is Chief Medical Adviser to the UK Government.

We have had way scarier viruses like Polio and NOT locked down,and it took years to vaccinate that but people kept living their lives.

Now that several months have passed and a second lockdown is still on the table i think its fair to start comparing effects of the response to the virus and the hypothetical effect of the virus if we hypothetically did not lock down.

In other news pension increases may be suspended but right now nothing concrete abut that besides Rishi Sunak and Boris having different views on the matter

Edited by NullVoid

For what it's worth;

I do not use Infowars as a "source" and  I read news stories from all over.  I just mentioned that it was NOT on the BBC site.

I ike to see both sides of the coin.  After all, there is the "official" news that someone, somewhere decides we should have, then there is other(?) news that may not fit the current narrative.

If you are so quick to rubbish Jones and his cronies, then you need to question the effect of the "news" that you do believe to be "true". 

You have to ask just why the story did not appear in any of the UK mainstream media...

Incidentally, I think that Alex Jones is a bit "shouty" and a "rabble rouser" but, he has 1st Amendment rights (unlike us) and uses them.

Similar experience to Poe's law I suppose.

His organisation is hit and miss.

Mixed feelings about him

Just gave the impression you were yanking his chain with such a marmite source.

Oof! That's a bit harsh Colin. Have you two fallen out?

Least we have a more mainstream source now

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/1320428/Coronavirus-news-lockdown-mistake-second-wave-Boris-Johnson

Let's not forget that in some places like California people have had power and water shut off because of gatherings and many other laws created ad hoc with many countries just copying others we could see that here one day.

Banks may begin to foreclose on people who were nowhere near in the red prior to lockdown solely as a result of lockdown duration and debt taken on back when they said it would only be a few days.

Lockdown if allowed to continue for too long will cause more damage than the virus,

Imagine we were on the second or third year of lockdown and Weimar inflation kicked in.

We have had way scarier viruses like Polio and NOT locked down,and it took years to vaccinate that but people kept living their lives.

Dir wis lockdowns and social distancing because o polio, particularly fur bairns.

Not like this lockdown,

If you had a school, bar or barber the government did not shut your business down unless there was a specific risk in your area.

And the vast majority of the measures taken were not government edicts

https://www.infowars.com/uk-government-scientist-admits-lockdown-was-a-monumental-mistake-on-a-global-scale/

Now, who was it who said something similar to this right at the start. ?  Mr Ghostrider I believe.

Funny that it's not on the BBC web site though.  Maybe it's a "conspiracy" theory ?

They're copying me, (in)famous at last. :D :D :D

So, how is 'five months in to the two weeks flattening the curve sprootle' working out for everybody?

Still everytime a dozen people meet up and breathe, another 'cluster' erupts. Clusterf**k more like, the whole thing.

Lockdown or free for all, the total death toll by the time this is all over will be the same give or take a negligible percentage difference. Left to do its thing there would have been a kinda hefty pile of corpses to wade through for a year or two, then it would have been over. As it is we're looking like heading all the way to 2030 as mask wearing, socially distancing zombies winding our way through the same pile of corpses spread throughout that period as evenly as a slurry tanker's load down a rig.

You cannot keep every household let alone every individual isolated in their own personal sterile bubble even for a short period, let alone indefinitely, and anything less any virus will find a way from host to host, be it quickly, or very, very slowly.

Our politicians had the choice of imposing one kind of sadism or the other on us when addressing the 'rona. Either a relatively short period of kneed in the groin pain, or a relentless 24/7/365 toothache that goes on, and on, and on...... 5 months now and counting.

Unless things change and perform a complete U turn from the last 5 months, if I'm still to the fore come then, I'd put money of being able to come back on this thread in March 2025 and post '5 years and counting'.

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus