Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Professor Carl James Heneghan of the University of Oxford's Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine published a study that finds the difference between wearing a mask or not is negligible.

A “fact checker” declared this false because it contradicts the narrative,

Masks were flip/flopped on by the WHO for a time and the main reason for masks becoming popular was since the 60s cities like Tokyo and Hong Kong having spikes in hayfever due to that pollen not being absorbed the west just copied this because their heads of state declared they must.

To be honest most will in time view these “fact” checkers as spokesmen for a political party.

Why not just have a multiparty fact checkers since social media companies insist on them,

All you need is a few international partisan organizations and for national political parties to endorse their favored one

So under every shared article

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/study-face-masks-effectiveness-danmask-4719073

for a hypothetical example:

The Labour party declares this false

Ukip declares this a mixture of fact and fiction

The Conservative Party declares this false

The SNP declares this false

The Liberal Democrats declare this false

Why not we are headed in that direction anyway

"Professor Carl James Heneghan of the University of Oxford's Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine published a study that finds the difference between wearing a mask or not is negligible."

Honestly ?  Did we really need a professor to tell us that ultra cheap, everyday(?) masks that we see all over the place were going to work and that they were going to do anything other than add to the pile of litter we see about the place? 

A truly effective mask would also involve an awful lot of other PPE as well and, I would bet that, together, the whole lot would be painfully expensive.

I would guess that the main reason for the 'masks edict' is to try and show us all that government is trying to do something useful when, in fact, we're stuffed in the long term.

Eight months of lockdowns, mini lockdowns, partial lockdowns, masks, quarantine/self-isolating, hand washing, social distancing, and god knows what else, and the 'rona is still about pretty much the same as it was eight months ago.

At what point in time is the penny gonna drop that all of the above crap hasn't and is never going to stop the 'rona, only herd immunity will do that.

Meanwhile, what the above is doing, is slowing the spread, with the inevitable consequence of extending the duration to get to the same place in the end.

But, if folk want to be masochistic and endure a long drawn out agony, and maybe still die of it in the end regardless, rather than a short sharp shock and get over with whatever will happen either way, then I guess the Government(s) are 'doing the right thing'.

^ Bit of a sh*t for the 1 in 10 who will only find out that is what they are when they've been steaming around a while believing they can't get it now, only to end up at death's door, or passing through it.

I dunno, created from a standing start in 8/9 months, with no field use as yet. Don't think I'll be rushing off to get any jag of it. Knowing my luck I'm very probably a 1 in 10 anyway. :lol:

"Professor Carl James Heneghan of the University of Oxford's Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine published a study that finds the difference between wearing a mask or not is negligible."

Honestly ?  Did we really need a professor to tell us that ultra cheap, everyday(?) masks that we see all over the place were going to work and that they were going to do anything other than add to the pile of litter we see about the place? 

A truly effective mask would also involve an awful lot of other PPE as well and, I would bet that, together, the whole lot would be painfully expensive.

I would guess that the main reason for the 'masks edict' is to try and show us all that government is trying to do something useful when, in fact, we're stuffed in the long term.

The social media companies think you need to be told that that NO THE MASKS ARE NEEDED BECAUSE REASONS ANY DEVIATION IS HERETICAL!

https://www.rt.com/news/507374-facebook-censor-oxford-masks/

CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS are the real spreaders of Covid you may need to wear 10 masks if somebody has a Christmas tree

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/nov/18/uk-care-home-bosses-seek-extra-500m-for-christmas-safety-measures

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13237276/town-hall-ban-christmas-decorations-covid-care-home/

skull-christmas-bauble.jpg

200951ed8c4a271012035f2c1399d59f479826ae

ages of deaths from Sweden who has no lockdown

^^Aye, but at present there have been 88,000 identified cases in Scotland, 3,500 of whom died. If the vaccine is what they say it is then it won't be 3,500 deaths - it'll be 350. That's a big difference :thmbsup

Does that factor in suicides and overdoses from people who cant cope with the fact they will never achieve the same standard of living they had in 2019?

Loss of a small business, relationship and future employment prospects or being a victim of an illegal eviction or viewing a legal eviction as an inevitability has a profound psychological effect.

^I don't know. Do the statistics regarding Sweden that you have provided include any information regarding suicide and overdoses relate in any way to people that can't cope? People with cancer? People with warts, or people with Covid-19?

Edited by George.

^I don't know. Do the statistics regarding Sweden that you have provided include any information regarding suicide and overdoses relate in any way to people that can't cope? People with cancer? People with warts, or people with Covid-19?

Maybe cancer and warts too nurses are too busy dancing around on tick-tock to treat anything that isn't covid better order another gorillion ventilators and not pick them up!

With lockdowns and shutdowns,

Is the treatment worse than the disease?

Edited by NullVoid

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus