Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

In my experience in Shetland we would call that Dialect or Full Dialect if it has an excessive amount of words/pronunciation not common in most Mainland Scots or English dialects.

In my experience, here in Shetland we do our very best to ensure that our writing is grammatically correct. This ensures that both upper case letters and lower case letters are used in a manner that is seen as correct.

If not, it can be seen to be null and void.

Back to the subject of Covid-19 now?
Edited by George.

The "gibberish"

[you are] 100% ok with sites appointing ministries of truth to “check facts” and could not fathom these ministries cherry picking and slandering as per own bias, if not now once they are allowed to take root.

It was gibberish when you first wrote it and it remains so when you repeat it. However you seem to be alleging something or other about my beliefs or some practice that I find to be "100% ok"  Either reference my post where I said I was "100% ok" with whatever it is you are on about, or if you have no reference, retract your baseless allegation and apologise.

You are just dwelling on me citing this incident of a fact checker

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cnn-washing-machine/

I bet we would be arguing over the existence of this washing machine if i had used that example to argue against the absurdity of these ministries of truth.

No, really, I couldn't give a toss about whatever might be in your link.  I was simply pointing out that you posted an absolutely false statement in an attempt to misrepresent the effectiveness of masks on preventing the spread of covid. This is your claim, you know that one you keep deleting in your replies.

Professor Carl James Heneghan of the University of Oxford's Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine published a study that finds the difference between wearing a mask or not is negligible.

It is utterly untrue, Heneghan published no such study, and the study which he disgracefully misrepresents in The Spectator, a misrepresentation which you eagerly repeated without bothering to read for yourself, was careful to note the following  points 

Observational evidence suggests that mask wearing mitigates SARS-CoV-2 transmission, but whether this observed association arises because masks protect uninfected wearers (protective effect) or because transmission is reduced from infected mask wearers (source control) is uncertain.

The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of SARS-CoV-2 infection. During the study period, authorities did not recommend face mask use outside hospital settings and mask use was rare in community settings (22). This means that study participants' exposure was overwhelmingly to persons not wearing masks.

Had you read the study you might have noticed that it didn't actually support the false point you were trying to make. Its not surprising you don't like the idea of having facts checked given your enthusiasm for presenting utter nonsense as reality and hoping nobody notices.

Although it should have been obvious that the Babylon Bee piece was just a spoof of the ongoing political brouhaha over alleged news media “bias” and “fake news,” some readers missed that aspect of the article and interpreted it literally.

Gonna need some proof a substantial amount of readers believed this, surveys polls etc! where are they!

More gibberish 

anyway here is a completely real news story about setting aside differences everything after this video is NOT a reply to your post

If it is not a reply to my post what is the point of posting it? Irrelevant videos and paragraph after paragraph of meaningless rambling text add nothing.

I hven't seen a self-respecting virus yet that cannot get through a cheap paper mask.

Masks help a little, but you get a false sense of security more than any meaningful protection.

This is why bursting their bubble will be critical in the strategy of Anti-Lockdown forces when fighting Coronatarians  

Peaceful protest and attempting to have their views heard in parliamentary discourse will accomplish absolutely nothing, only by fighting dirty can they get what they want democracy is a joke lol.

Remember the virus knows exactly what days you are traveling on so corralling everyone into traveling and returning on the same 5 days will not cause a spike, Just like how Covid-19 knows if you drank your beer at 6PM or 11PM and will decide weather or not to infect you based on that.

The sheer amount of travel concentrated into the 5 Christmas visitation days will arouse the interest of potential terrorist attacks simply due to the numbers and crowds alone, but that is just convectional Jihadsisim we now have other groups that may have more ambitious plans.

The objective of terrorism is capitulation.

I foresee the deliberate spreading of Waterborne disease as a potential nuclear option in the second year of Lockdowns with a resurgence in the fourth when they adapt to the ways to stop it.

Not radioactive just the "Nuclear option" is just the way of resolving a problem in a way that is the most extreme because of its collateral consequences.

Legionaries, Rotavirus and Cryptosporidium are diseases that can be transported easily and can be used to contaminate drinks and being splashed with these can affect you even if you wear a mask especially if it is absorbent.

The 2 main reasons people think the Axis lost was the breaking of the Nazi-Soviet pact and the attack on pearl harbour because the result was them being overwhelmed by those who otherwise wouldn’t be so interested in fighting them.

If the Coronatarians conduct their own equivalent of the “Pearl harbor attack” as a way of lashing out against the “freedom fighters”  they will lose a ton of support and bite off more than they can chew.

Disease has been used successfully during wars Viet Cong used Punji sticks and often smeared poison and excrement on the sharpened spikes to cause infection, Deplete opposition resources and demoralize the other team.

Storing bullets inside carcasses also helped increase the odds of infection if that bullet was used in a nonlethal hit.

The UK has more poor areas where everyone is at each others throat than Prosperous areas where they get along since on the whole it’s a big poor area with a few wealthy hotspots recruiters for “Freedom fighters” / “superspreaders” have their work cut out for them.

Not to mention the uptick in domestic violence, abuse, mass unemployment, suicide and generally going postal if you are planning to go to the mainland I would advise against it because I have some pessimistic predictions.

Edited by NullVoid

https://www.rt.com/news/507374-facebook-censor-oxford-masks/

The "gibberish"

[you are] 100% ok with sites appointing ministries of truth to “check facts” and could not fathom these ministries cherry picking and slandering as per own bias, if not now once they are allowed to take root.

It was gibberish when you first wrote it and it remains so when you repeat it. However you seem to be alleging something or other about my beliefs or some practice that I find to be "100% ok"  Either reference my post where I said I was "100% ok" with whatever it is you are on about, or if you have no reference, retract your baseless allegation and apologise.

What is your stance on "fact checking" organizations? You seem to be in favor of them,

i will not retract my statement unless you tell me because you seem to be dodging the question.

^Favor" is the American spelling of the word, "Favour."

This is why bursting their bubble will be critical in the strategy of Anti-Lockdown forces when fighting Coronatarians  

Three unnecessary capital letters and a full stop that isn't there.

Just like how Covid-19 knows if you drank your beer at 6PM or 11PM and will decide weather or not to infect you based on that.

"Weather", or "Whether", it would be interesting to know?

I foresee the deliberate spreading of Waterborne disease as a potential nuclear option in the second year of Lockdowns with a resurgence in the fourth when they adapt to the ways to stop it.

Oh look, lockdowns starting with a capital letter.

Two rather illiterate capital letters, I wonder why?

Pearl harbor attack

American spelling or illiteracy, let me guess?

What is your stance on "fact checking" organizations? You seem to be in favor of them,

i will not retract my statement unless you tell me because you seem to be dodging the question.

Yet again, "Favor."

Don't worry, as far as I'm concerned you don't need to retract your statement as it has nothing to do with me, but there's a good chance that I'll go and live on Facebook. They're a little more literate there, and they don't spew out so much excrement..

Edited by George.

7555421722a0a4d03136d80f505f8ef68311a00f

Yet again, "Favor."

Don't worry, as far as I'm concerned you don't need to retract your statement as it has nothing to do with me, but there's a good chance that I'll go and live on Facebook. They're a little more literate there, and they don't spew out so much excrement..

This matters WHY?

I am making a point about why democracy will fail because of how stubborn and dismissive both sides are being and why they will never see eye to eye and compromise to come to a mutually agreeable solution because both sides are too stubborn and dismissive to see the other sides point of view.

You yourself are providing the example of a stubborn individual as you dismissed my point (which anybody else can go and read) but you don’t disprove or deconstruct it.

So one could doubt your ability to do that.

We are at a stalemate

Your point: My grammar is bad therefore my point can be dismissed,

But you haven’t presented convincing argument.

My point: grammar is arbitrary and dies if not enough adhere,

How do you think we ended up with so many languages that don’t fit together?

As long as you are articulate enough to convey your message and have enough common points of reference to be understood by the recipient you succeed in communicating your idea.

Language is entirely memetical formalisation of written language into such a way to create a grammar is a recent construct only a few centuries prior based on spoken word which is why many English words have Middle English spelling and overcorrection by foreign printers following rules here they were not needed.

So Grammar is not natural language where we write as we speak but instead a giant meme where we write as a fictionalised dialect would.

This also exists for the spoken word look at the near extinct Mid-Atlantic accent for an example,

Only a few hobbyists bother to learn that because “Where would they use that?”

We also have failing schools and extremely informal communication so the same happens to grammar.

Compound that with failing schools last days of Rome decline and the grammatically correct find fewer and fewer speakers and experience language death.

https://www.shetnews.co.uk/2020/01/21/education-chiefs-seek-explanation-for-poor-attainment-results/

the decline is seen everywhere

you concede to "go and live on Facebook" because you cannot provide a compelling argument i SHOULD change besides mockery,

for those who don't take things too seriously and like to argue for arguments sake its like water off a ducks back.

For Colour most pronounce it Collar or Cullah but rarely cul-Uhr as the written form is based on, And buoy has a silent u in some English dialects but not others constant communication and intermingling of shared tools such as autocorrect blurs the lines and only those who care about it set the record straight.

Only knit picky people care about that though, How will you convince them to care.

Similar issue with money, pensions and law.

What happens if you get a blanket “NO” and your opposition gets power over you and you aren’t able to convince them not to press on and ignore you

P.S.

You also are a proponent of attaining Scottish independence democratically but Scotland has the lowest birthrate of the UK and replenished its workforce with other Europeans including English, Hungarian polish.

Not only do the Scottish nationalist want them to vote but also has no plan to assimilate them!

what is your plan to sell your vision to these "new scots" who are neither Scottish in a civic or ethnic sense to back a Scottish nationalist movement?

You dont have a plan!

This matters WHY?

I am making a point about why democracy will fail because of how stubborn and dismissive both sides are being and why they will never see eye to eye and compromise to come to a mutually agreeable solution because both sides are too stubborn and dismissive to see the other sides point of view.

We are, at present, on a thread that talks about Covid-19. As you have just stated, you're blethering on about the upcoming failure of democracy. Where's the link? There must be a link somewhere, surely. Somewhere, anywhere, who cares. If there isn't and you want to talk about it, then open a thread to suit.

WHAT YOU HAVE COME OUT WITH HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE SUBJECT DEALT WITH ON THIS THREAD!!!

THAT SUGGESTS THAT IT'S GARBAGE!!!

PERHAPS A LITTLE MORE THAN JUST GARBAGE!!!

BUT YOU'LL NO DOUBT CLAIM OTHERWISE, AND THAT WON'T BE A SURPRISE - WILL IT!!!

Edited by George.

This matters WHY?

We are, at present, on a thread that talks about Covid-19. As you have just stated, you're blethering on about the upcoming failure of democracy. Where's the link? There must be a link somewhere, surely. Somewhere, anywhere, who cares. If there isn't and you want to talk about it, then open a thread to suit.

WHAT YOU HAVE COME OUT WITH HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THE SUBJECT DEALT WITH ON THIS THREAD!!!

THAT SUGGESTS THAT IT'S GARBAGE!!!

PERHAPS A LITTLE MORE THAN JUST GARBAGE!!!

BUT YOU'LL NO DOUBT CLAIM OTHERWISE, AND THAT WON'T BE A SURPRISE - WILL IT!!!

BECAUSE WE WILL FAIL TO COME UP WITH A COMPROMISE BETWEEN THOSE FOR AND THOSE AGAINST THE LOCKDOWN!

EVECihaUMAYQR6h.jpg

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus