Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

Your point is little more than a complaint about my attitude

Your point about me can entirely be summarized with this

70eamfszdp211.jpg

This newspaper ad become famous for its similarity to a more recent meme since human history rhymes, an interesting point of noteworthiness is that this ad tells us nothing about what is actually in “the morning leader” it simply says it is better than the competition with only an ad hominem to back up its point.

NullVoid - you claim to be wanting a balanced and reasonable discussion about a topic and yet post utter drivel from an extreme point of view and belittle those with differing views. I don't think that'll work...

Fun ad but all sizzle no steak, the counter arguments seem the same to me.

Back to Covid-19

Were the Luddites wrong?
Because it looks like you are trying to create a society where they aren't to save the NHS / protect the vulnerable.

Well after considering the views of the Lockdown proponents on the matter of Essential and Nonessential businesses I have some thoughts.

Jobs from the nonessential work are largely to provide niche, novelty and luxury products and services, surely these are superfluous and doing away with the excess created by these only harms the excess population.

Automation has made many jobs more efficient and thus requires less workers Luddites attacked the machinery that put them out of work and this is just one example of the nonessential worker Untermenschen turning to Demagoguery during periods of discontentment.

Who is or is not valuable can be determined by Dear Leader and it is obvious that the inferior nonessential workers must submit to the Key worker Übermensch

To help move toward a more efficient utilitarian planned economy.

The livelihood of the excess population is sustained largely by nonessential work when you consider everybody eats while hardly anybody farms or hunts in the grand scheme of things why should those be justified in taking the products of the earth when they did not work to produce them.

The nonessential worker is a disease ridden menace to both the vulnerable and the NHS that must be firmly put in its place and if push comes to shove done away with entirely.

“Protecting the vulnerable” from those despicable nonessentials is what is good and just their concerns can be safely ignored.

Good thing I have a Key Worker ID, A thousand year Reich NHS!

Covid-19 still on the go in Scotland but, as yet, Shetland appears to have much less of a problem.

The part of the mind in which innate instinctive impulses and primary processes are manifest.

No relevance to Covid-19, though, as it's null and void.

Edited by George.

NullVoid - you claim to be wanting a balanced and reasonable discussion about a topic and yet post utter drivel from an extreme point of view and belittle those with differing views. I don't think that'll work...

Fun ad but all sizzle no steak, the counter arguments seem the same to me.

How very trite, Koi.

Covid-19 still on the go in Scotland but, as yet, Shetland appears to have much less of a problem.

OH MY GOD TWO PEOPLE

Better ruin tonnes of lives because some old farts who lived a full life mostly uninterrupted by lockdowns croaked a little sooner after they caught a flu-like virus before they died,

They could have lived a whole 3 more months if it weren't for them catching this blasted virus!

During the Christmas rush it would be possible for a gang to use a "Dirty bomb" to achieve herd immunity by force or simply deplete manpower of enforcers by forcing them to self isolate, Protest and politics to stop lockdown probably have less than 0.0000001% chance of doing anything but Weapons of mass disruption/disease might.

Splashing crowds with Waterborne and possibly covid diseases would be the ultimate act of accelerationism some viruses, bacteria and germs survive fine in fizzy water and that goes everywhere when shook.

doubt UK will be the first though, that will probability be a country with more strict lockdown procedures.

But the key worker's definition of Id?

The part of the mind in which innate instinctive impulses and primary processes are manifest.
No relevance to Covid-19, though, as it's null and void.

Covid-19 is the excuse for Lockdowns maybe another excuse or the next virus will be used if they don't buy it when we lock down for the 45th wave

So you get the impression I was being egotistical as a Keyworker, Was being facetious with that pro-lockdown comment.

I was going for a bit of an Ebenezer Scrooge type character

"Jobs from the nonessential work are largely to provide niche, novelty and luxury products and services, surely these are superfluous and doing away with the excess created by these only harms the excess population."

I mentioned the Luddites who opposed automation because less jobs were available,

This was counterbalanced by the new jobs created elsewhere (mainly nonessential businesses)

The objective of lockdown is to shut down as many jobs as possible for the sake of keeping as many as possible at home, How exactly are you supposed to adapt?

If the Luddites were wrong lockdowns will create a society where they aren't to save the NHS / protect the vulnerable.

Also “To help move toward a more efficient utilitarian planned economy.”

and "A thousand year Reich NHS!" that one is just too obvious

8ec9527b-2c66-431b-ad38-00792244896e.png

As for ID i meant identification, all of them seem to have been made on the local level so they vary but they should have either a number to call and or the signature and name of whoever endorsed it.

They are real as long as you get them from your boss mostly intended to go in a car window didn't seem to takeoff though im sure a few use them.

Let me try to guess what lead you to your political persuasion by my assumption of you or at least your political faction in 3 traits:

High conformity to herd and authority :(Minimal scepticism)

Mask Or Not depending on what most of the public appears to agree with.

Oikophobia or Ultranationalism depending on what most of the public appears to agree with and what the most reputable institutions assure you.

Any dissenter is assumed to be the other one.

There is no room for debate just have faith in the -herd consensus- “Science” the media told me it is therefore it must be so.

High Empathy response: (Minimal/No scepticism)

High Empathy for the “vulnerable” but complete dismissal of concerns raised by anyone screwed over by your efforts to help them.

Because  ...

High Disgust response: (Extreme scepticism)

You dare question what the societal consensus is?

How revolting to even consider a different point of view!

Complete dismissal of any concerns about your plans to “help” the chosen group of “vulnerable” persons.

Any harm done to anyone else to facilitate this help can be safely ignored after all you are disgusted by them!

If you don’t have the High conformity instinct, High Disgust response & High Empathy traits set the record straight and challenge my assessment!

But lets say for the sake of argument you do since this type of person has a hegemony over modern western politics until they are dethroned and I doubt votes will do that.

Democracy can only avert conflict if both sides can each use it to spur the state in their direction towards a compromise,

Every major party singing to the same tune only in different key, it seems that all spurs do the same thing or we only have a left spur.

So you are in power now but what do you do when Nonconformists with High Disgust response & Low Empathy get in and want to change the laws to suit their own needs?

These people will seem mighty appealing to the disgruntled masses who have been pushed into poverty “to save the nhs”

They will see the vulnerable as the dodos and kakapos of our society and can be safely ignored the same way they were ignored , once they get behind the wheel they can drive their steamroller right through anything they can get through if it serves their interest.

Who is going to stop them if you are in the way the once the elites think you have outlived your usefulness?

What if Officer Underpaid answers the phone to your concern and says “how much will you pay me?” and hangs up if unsatisfied with your answer.

Most of the skepticism to vaccines is among those that have distrust in authority,
So it is not a debate about if they work or not but instead a debate about the trustworthiness of the distributors.
Is there potential for contaminated medicine or it being a mere placebo?
If you don’t trust the distributors you would think so!

Therefore I conclude the vaccine should be remain optional and require consent because forcing it will arouse suspicion and if there is a substantive cohort of the population who will not take it willingly what does that indicate?

For the record I think vaccines work but see the potential for the virus to adapt rendering it useless.

The real question is are they going to willingly release us from lockdown even after sufficient coverage of the vaccine?

i doubt it!

Edited by NullVoid

If the manufacturer of the vaccine doesn't have the confidence in their product to release it for general use without first being given immunity from litigation against them stemming from its use, that tells me all I need to know about it.

It uses theoretical/experimental technology, and has had only minimal field trials. That's not a confidence booster either. Being used by big pharma as an unwitting guinea pig is not my kink.

Thalidomide, DDT and nuclear were hailed by their proponents as the greatest thing since sliced bread and 'safe to use' in their day, then a little time passed...... and the proponents had to change their tunes as they became a little more educated.

The real question is are they going to willingly release us from lockdown even after sufficient coverage of the vaccine?

i doubt it!

Which will be quickly followed by the question, how long do they think they can enforce a lockdown if they don't let folk see its going to end.

The numbers experiencing deja poo - heard this b/s before, are steadily increasing, which is quickly followed by 'f**k this sh*t, I'm ignoring it' revelation.

Big pharma has already made a ton of inroads,

Antidepressant use is going to "unexpectantly" soar after a year of lockdown its going to be a big cash cow!

The parents of the last few decades phased out negative reinforcement such as spanking,

You know what they replaced it with when all the feel good hippie stuff didn’t produce any results?

"Medication"  for kids who would just have been paddled or made to sit in the corner if they were born 10 or 20 years earlier.

now we have a bunch of sad dwarf goblins with manboobs who exist to generate revenue for big pharma because they were not made to learn self control.

You will notice masculine characteristics are increasingly rarer in younger specimens,

You find less and less bashful and inquisitive individuals with each generation!

Ever stop to wonder why so many are so keen to just go along with the program without batting an eye like meek and unquestioning cattle?

Part culture of fear due to how the Wokeists will make your life miserable if you have Non-pc thoughts and the middle class disproportionately choosing to be childless to avoid becoming poor.

there is a huge controversy about the woke left pushing puberty blockers in schools, i picked the left wing BBC as a source if you think that's a far right conspiracy

it is a new creative way to turn the Bulls of the next generation into Oxen disguised as humanitarianism there is at least one instance of a menopause drug designed to emulate the hormones that a healthy uterus would produce in a female being used to in a juvenile detention facility in the US on a male inmate to "correct" his behavior.

if he had done anything that warranted chemical castration he would have been tried as an adult what he was in for is still unknown

With all hope, Covid-19 vaccinations will do their bit.

Covid-19 vaccinations set to begin across Scotland next week

Great news! Fingers crossed we're on the cusp of gaining herd immunity through vaccination.

I heard Englands deputy chief medical officer Prof Jonathan Van-Tamsay on the radio saying that up to 99% of Covid-19 hospitalisations and deaths could be avoided with the first wave of vaccinations.

Hopefully next year will be very different from this one.

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus