Covid 19 / Coronavirus

Digby

...Approx 2325000 Brits will die of Covid-19 before it runs its course and dies off to be background noise...

This is some assertion, none of the experts in the field can tell us how long immunity lasts for after infection, how do you know?

...Can't be just get on with this already, let it run its course, bury our dead, and move on. Why prolong the agony, must be a hell of a lot of masochists out there......

The "why prolong life, we're going to die anyway" argument is hugely flawed considering the fact that prolonging life is hard wired into almost everything we do as humans, from looking both ways before crossing the road to developing vaccines that can give us immunity to Covid. Edited by Capeesh

...Can't be just get on with this already, let it run its course, bury our dead, and move on. Why prolong the agony, must be a hell of a lot of masochists out there......

The "why prolong life, we're going to die anyway" argument is hugely flawed considering the fact that prolonging life is hard wired into almost everything we do as humans, from looking both ways before crossing the road to developing vaccines that can give us immunity to Covid.

Vaccines, cars, peace and prosperity Low entropy low disorder and high energy

Dictatorships, War, Looting and plundering High entropy high disorder and low energy

To keep the economy ordered you need to keep pumping energy exchange of goods and services into it,

Lockdowns take a low(er) entropy system and increase its entropy.

Britain and the West on the whole are dieing civilisations go figure out why the new generation is not doing what nearly all other generations before them did, is it global warming?

Young Tyrone and Abdul are making babies and getting houses just fine both in their western Diaspora and even in their countries of origin.

Their parents weren’t complete failures in the Darwinian sense, maybe John C. Calhoun's research into populations will help shed some light.

As a bonus besides my point here is a brain teaser for you:

The WOKE establishment cannot fathom anything besides fascism being a thereat they have tunnel vision for it and any attempt at reform or debate will be shot down as being too far out there.

Be it the issue of gold diggers monetizing divorce or market manipulation to keep house prices up to keep the Ponzi scheme going BOTH are societal cancer.

Should anti-establishment factions in the west be supportive of Jihadsist, Communistic domestic threats or international threats such as Beijing aligned foreign spies and saboteurs when conflicts of interest exist between the west and China even when they disagree with their ideology ?

I am asking about support not active collusion or participation,

Give me 1 good reason why they not besides ethics and principals!

"Democratic" nations sided with the Soviet Union to defeat the threat of fascism.

Protestants collaborated with Islamic slave traders to loot and enslave Catholics.

Both instances are disgusting and reprehensible unholy alliances,

But remind me who won those wars?  the enemy of my enemy is my friend or so they say

They say

"Euthanasia exposes vulnerable people to pressure to end their lives"

I have picked a left wing pro-establishment source to corroborate this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ethics/euthanasia/against/against_1.shtml

The only way to get a good payday when there is no work is to inherit, just saying

Oh and the pension debate?

What if the next generation gets to chose between providing resources their children and parents and being taxed to pay for free stuff for childless elderly they don't care about?

Edited by NullVoid

What do you guys think of this point of view by an "expert"?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/05/health/covid-vaccine-first.html

Harald Schmidt, an expert in ethics and health policy at the University of Pennsylvania, said that it is reasonable to put essential workers ahead of older adults, given their risks, and that they are disproportionately minorities. “Older populations are whiter, ” Dr. Schmidt said. “Society is structured in a way that enables them to live longer. Instead of giving additional health benefits to those who already had more of them, we can start to level the playing field a bit.

For those curious there is an article that shows what he looks like and it has this lovely quote

https://nypost.com/2020/12/19/professor-gets-heat-after-saying-whiter-elderly-should-wait-for-vaccine/

Others argued seniors who’ve been isolated for months on end are “literally dying of loneliness,” and that he was arguing that the elderly are “not only nonessential; they are actually quite expendable.”

The attitude that old people should not be prioritised because they already lived a privileged life is growing this is exacerbated by the mutant form of Protestantism called Wokeisim that encourages its adherences to route against its own kin for the sake of maintaining groupthink.

That means “don’t kill your gran” will not work on people who want to see “gran” die

Keep in mind the argument for lockdown was predicated on it to protect the elderly.

I don’t like far left “Woke” ideology but why should somebody who wants to use land for its utilitarian value or get a good paying job and an affordable house even oppose this?

if anything their deaths will flood the property market and shatter the dreams of those who hold unused properties hostage because if they don't get a price that surpasses its value then the house will be lived in over their dead body.

Edited by NullVoid

• 2 weeks later...

Not enough information imho.

Although it does appear that someone has got a grip on the ourbreak, and cases do not seem to be spiralling out of control.  No one has yet provided any meaninfull information that can be used by the general public to make our own minds up as to where we should/should not go.

There is also no indication as to who might have become infected or is isolating. 

Personally, if I am unlucky enough to catch a dose of this, then I will let everybody I know about it...

I might be one of the small minority who gets a serious dose, or I might be one of the majority who shakes it off fairly easily but, I wouldn't want to be in a position where I could unknowingly contact or spread the virus.

Russian Roulette anyone ?

That's 10 more local cases since Friday. Any new case is bad news but "Public health consultant Susan Laidlaw said though the number of people testing positive daily was decreasing"

https://www.shetlandtimes.co.uk/2021/01/18/three-more-covid-cases-recorded

I dare say Shetland's close-knit nature meant the NHS Track n Trace was aided by the fact that many folk will know the names of everyone they've had any contact with outside their bubble.

Edited by Davie P

• admin changed the title to Covid 19 / Coronavirus