Scottish Independence Referendum 2021

Davie P

Scottish Independence Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

2 minutes ago, Windwalker said:

That’s a bit ironic, blame wee Boris for giving it away, but alright for wee Nicky to do it. 

Of course, wee Nicky was born north of the border. You've got to be grateful for that. Boris, born a yank, still a misspelt yank, Westminster to the root and telling us all that he's English.

22 minutes ago, Windwalker said:

Not true they have already said new joining countries, especially those with large deficits will have to join the euro. It allows them to control the countries finances. Look what happened to Greece.

anyway, I don’t think we need to worry, it’ll just take one more of the bigger countries to leave and the EU will collapse.

Incorrect. The UK and Denmark have opt-outs so don’t have to join the Euro. The seven countries without an opt-out and not already in the Euro are supposed to join it, but only once they meet certain conditions. There is currently no time limit on this process.  Source:  FullFact

My bold.

Edited by BigMouth
Added emphasis

17 minutes ago, George. said:

Of course, wee Nicky was born north of the border. You've got to be grateful for that. Boris, born a yank, still a misspelt yank, Westminster to the root and telling us all that he's English.

What’s where people are born got to do with anything. Personally they could both be born In Timbuktu. It doesn’t matter.

13 minutes ago, BigMouth said:

Incorrect. The UK and Denmark have opt-outs so don’t have to join the Euro. The seven countries without an opt-out and not already in the Euro are supposed to join it, but only once they meet certain conditions. There is currently no time limit on this process.  Source:  FullFact

My bold.

If I’m wrong I’m wrong, but I’ll not hold my breath that it will not be a condition at the time.

3 minutes ago, Windwalker said:

What’s where people are born got to do with anything. Personally they could both be born In Timbuktu. It doesn’t matter.

Boris the misspelt yanker wasn't born in Timbuktu. Of course, he may well tell us that he was, but that's Boris all the way. Another foreigner in the Wastemonster, or so I believe of course.

We will have to wait and see.  My opinion is that the EU wants to grow.  They have already said something to the effect of "be careful that the door doesn't hit you in the *yrse on the way out".  If they wanted to give Johnson a kick they could make Scotland's joining easier.

2 minutes ago, George. said:

Boris the misspelt yanker wasn't born in Timbuktu. Of course, he may well tell us that he was, but that's Boris all the way. Another foreigner in the Wastemonster, or so I believe of course.

George if nothing else, your consistent. A large proportion of U.K. citizens could be foreign, a lot of us may be descended from foreigners. Why do you think this is an issue. Does not being classed as a foreigner make us better? I can’t see what your point is.

5 minutes ago, BigMouth said:

We will have to wait and see.  My opinion is that the EU wants to grow.  They have already said something to the effect of "be careful that the door doesn't hit you in the *yrse on the way out".  If they wanted to give Johnson a kick they could make Scotland's joining easier.

You could well be right, there are just too many uncertainties for me and no doubt plenty of others to make an educated judgement regarding independence. If I thought for one minute Scotland and more importantly to me Shetland would be better off I would vote for it, but nothing has come close to me seeing it as an option so far.

Now the other discussion is Shetland independence/crown dependency, but dats a discussion for another time. Thus ald ein needs der sleep. Thanks for da input, it’s been a while since I’m been on here.

12 hours ago, Windwalker said:

You could well be right, there are just too many uncertainties for me and no doubt plenty of others to make an educated judgement regarding independence. If I thought for one minute Scotland and more importantly to me Shetland would be better off I would vote for it, but nothing has come close to me seeing it as an option so far.

Now the other discussion is Shetland independence/crown dependency, but dats a discussion for another time. Thus ald ein needs der sleep. Thanks for da input, it’s been a while since I’m been on here.

If a country of 5 million can't manage independence I don't see how a county of 23,00 are going to manage.

Thanks.  I have enjoyed the "battle"!

On 29/01/2021 at 10:31, Roachmill said:

I heard Boris came up to appease us heathens yesterday - what did he actually (besides not staying at home, not protecting the NHS and not saving lives) do?

According to the Guardian, this was the plan

"Downing Street briefed the Sun that the visit was “a rescue mission to save the UK” in the face of sustained opinion poll support for independence. It was also “a charm offensive” to a Scotland in which the prime minister’s ratings are terrible, and where many – including in his own party – see him as something of a liability."

I'm sure there's a joke to be had about 'charm' and 'offensive'...

^^Downing Street would be more useful if they briefed the moon, just like Boris.

And I wonder if, in any way whatsoever, they could ever justify Downing Street's claims that it was supposedly a rescue mission to save the U.K. The very English U.K?

Edited by George.