Scottish Independence Referendum 2021

Davie P

Scottish Independence Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

2 hours ago, George. said:

It seems that Scotland is much, much more likely to go Indy and much sooner than expected.

SNP sound alarm over Tories 'shredding' evidence of Boris Johnson scandals

Why bother shredding anything, all he needs to do is say “I don’t recall, I don’t remember, not how I remember it etc” it kinda worked for Nicola Sturgeon.

I would imagine that most voters are more concerned about how Scotland could cope financially if independent. Most reports are worrying reading, after all Boris will no doubt be out of the picture sooner rather than later.

Strange how all the SNP folk on here remained very quiet when Sturgeon was under the spotlight, but out you come as soon as you can find someone else to berate. Me thinks it’s a bit of a ploy to take the story away from borders between Scotland/England, currency etc etc etc.

Strange how all those "Boris" allegations should suddenly appear when we have an election going on.

If this is all the Labour and SNP can muster up to try and persuade us to vote for them they are mistaken ,because this is just "tittle tattle" coming from the mouths of disgruntled staff who cannot get there own way and should keep the mouth shut as they are under the official secrets act.

Boris flat belongs to the government this is not his own property,so if someone wanted to fund the decoration of it ,bigger fools them .

I'm no Tory supporter but this nonsense makes me lean more towards them,in a time when we have far more important things going on in the world that require attention rather than this nonsense. 

I remember when much younger before NHS

being very ill and my parents unable to pay doctors/medication bills. I was lucky as I survived. Many did not. I have over the years spent a lot of time living in America and believe you me you do not want their health care system. People in the UK do not know  how lucky and privileged they are until you vote it away and then it will be too late. Scotland cannot afford independence and you will never get accurate costing figures from the SNP or for that matter any party. We can do better for Scotland by staying in the Union but if we leave it will never be as good as it is now.

1 hour ago, Windwalker said:

Strange how all the SNP folk on here remained very quiet when Sturgeon was under the spotlight, but out you come as soon as you can find someone else to berate. Me thinks it’s a bit of a ploy to take the story away from borders between Scotland/England, currency etc etc etc.

Strange that the Lib Dem's carry on with their vote after Carmichael did what Carmichael did.

Alistair Carmichael urged to quit as MP for leaking anti-Sturgeon memo

Strange that people pander to Boris when Boris did what Boris did.

Boris Johnson: 15 of the Conservative leader's most calamitous mistakes and gaffes

Both of them in Westminster, but Westminster is what Westminster is.

Vote S.N.P. Vote Alba. Vote anything bar those in Westminster, IMHO of course.

Yes, if I recall, you’ve brought that up a few times.

The point is they all have many faults, but most of us can see that, certain Folk on here seem determined that the SNP must get in, regardless of the future effects independence  might have on people and the economy. Blinkers tightly secured and smash forward without knowing the consequences. Nothing matters except independence. I agree with Hakama, “these people are deluded” IMHO of course.

2 hours ago, Urabug said:

Boris flat belongs to the government this is not his own property,so if someone wanted to fund the decoration of it ,bigger fools them .

You don't think there's any chance that Lord Brownlow, the guy who donated £58,000 to decorate Johnson's flat might be expecting something in return? I mean, it could be that Lord Brownlow is just a very generous man, but if so, why not donate the money to a slightly more deserving cause, say a muscular dystrophy charity?

^ Is there any evidence that unregistered donations are being made to the SNP? Much of the issues about the donation to decorate the PM's flat was that it wasn't registered: in other words they were trying to keep it secret. And why would they want to keep it secret, I wonder? :ponders:

Thank you Windwalker that was very nice of you. I am sure that many more people think along the same lines but are afraid to say anything because if you do you will get the PC police at your door or you will be labeled . It is a way to stop people saying things that the authorities do not like. There are none so blind as those who do not want to see. Do have a serious think about all this Roachmill. There is no shame in changing ones mind.

5 hours ago, Urabug said:

He seems to be under the illusion that the ‘block grant’ is a handout.

He also conveniently forgets to mention that dozens of small independent countries manage to provide free healthcare without receiving imaginary handouts from Westminster.

This bit doesn’t have an ounce of truth...

The SNP know full well that ‘independence’ will mean an end to the NHS as we know it. That’s why they don’t want to build Shetland a new hospital or pay for our MRI scanner”

The use of the word “partitionist” made me spit out my coffee in a stifled laugh but apart from all that it was ok, the stuff about Ireland was mildly interesting.

Edited by Capeesh

1 hour ago, Evil Inky said:

You don't think there's any chance that Lord Brownlow, the guy who donated £58,000 to decorate Johnson's flat might be expecting something in return? I mean, it could be that Lord Brownlow is just a very generous man, but if so, why not donate the money to a slightly more deserving cause, say a muscular dystrophy charity?

Many a good business deal has been done "you scratch my back and I scratch yours"

Bet here in Shetland it's going on all arround us most of the time ,but if any politician is proved to gain personally from this type of behaviour then let the axe fall.

When Boris has to move ,and that may be soon lets see what furniture he takes with him and let us see the receipts if necessary. 

1 hour ago, Urabug said:

Many a good business deal has been done "you scratch my back and I scratch yours"

Good business deal? Boris? It all goes on, but Scottish Independence is no more than hope - or so they choose to tell us.

But I bet that Boris scratched his, as he took the money - just like Ali.

Edited by George.

6 hours ago, Urabug said:

Strange how all those "Boris" allegations should suddenly appear when we have an election going on.

If this is all the Labour and SNP can muster up to try and persuade us to vote for them they are mistaken ,because this is just "tittle tattle" coming from the mouths of disgruntled staff who cannot get there own way and should keep the mouth shut as they are under the official secrets act.

I'm no Tory supporter but this nonsense makes me lean more towards them,in a time when we have far more important things going on in the world that require attention rather than this nonsense. 

Have you seen the renovation? It looks like someone on mind-bending drugs had a bad trip and plastered the place with tunnock tea cake wrappers, I wouldn’t pull that couch out of a skip!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ten-ways-to-recreate-carries-10-downing-street-decor-fjqd5vvk0

Edit...It was the wrong Urabug quote, it was meant to be the one about him taking the furniture with him when another PM comes in...I found it funny after seeing the furniture in question.

Edited by Capeesh

16 minutes ago, Capeesh said:

Have you seen the renovation? It looks like someone on mind-bending drugs had a bad trip and plastered the place with tunnock tea cake wrappers, I wouldn’t pull that couch out of a skip!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ten-ways-to-recreate-carries-10-downing-street-decor-fjqd5vvk0

If you came home drunk, you’d never find da cooch ;-)