Scottish Independence Referendum 2021

Davie P

Scottish Independence Poll  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should Scotland be an independent country?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

Depending on who you ask, and it's probably not a hugely useful comparison, but... Westminster (including the Commons, Lords and whatnot) cost £552 million in 17/18. The Scottish Parliament cost £99 million in the same year (source). So Westminster costs about 5.5 times as much as Hollyrood but has a lot more 'legislative throughput'

1 hour ago, Davie P said:

Depending on who you ask, and it's probably not a hugely useful comparison, but... Westminster (including the Commons, Lords and whatnot) cost £552 million in 17/18. The Scottish Parliament cost £99 million in the same year (source). So Westminster costs about 5.5 times as much as Hollyrood but has a lot more 'legislative throughput'

Hospitality side seems to be very reasonable -:  https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/bar_and_restaurant_tariffs_and_m

And via Shetnews:

The Shetland results for the Highlands and Islands list vote have also been revealed.

The SNP gained the most votes at 4,108, with the Lib Dems picking up 3,157 votes. The Tories also secured 1,865.

That's 1865 people I'm knocking off my Christmas card list.

What ratio of votes will be required to secure a victory for independence, at the moment Scotland would appear to be 50/50 surely it would require something like 75% of Scotland to agree, or this will create on terrible division amongst us all . 

^^Why not make it 100%? That would mean your 2 votes would be enough to save the Union.

That would settle it wouldn’t it? I’m sure all those independence supporters would just shrug their shoulders, congratulate you both and forget about the whole thing. :-D

Edited by Capeesh

9 hours ago, XAM7102 said:

Only a matter off time until Wills makes up the difference. 

At this rate it'll be the next time he's up. I'm only guessing here but I'd think there's younger folk becoming eligible to vote and that's where he's gaining ground. Wishart is awfully reactive IMHO whereas Wills has more fire under his tree.

12 minutes ago, Roachmill said:

At this rate it'll be the next time he's up. I'm only guessing here but I'd think there's younger folk becoming eligible to vote and that's where he's gaining ground. Wishart is awfully reactive IMHO whereas Wills has more fire under his tree.

And of course the immigrants !!!

Then the British can go home on the ferry.

Geographically incorrect, if you’re talking about Scotland. Still part of the British Isles. If you are talking about Shetland, we might send the Scotties home :roll:

i am sure that the SNP would not be happy with the comments you make, as you would give them a bad name, but then again you’ve probably gone to the dark side, Alba?

Edited by Wheelsup