why am i finding it so hard to find a job???

Aims

I have been here for over a month now i have applied for around 10 jobs. i have had an interview for one and another interview the otherday but have not heard from them and have been turned down from the rest. Ppl keep telling me that there are very few ppl that are unemployed so why am i finding it so hard to find a full-time job? I have had plenty experience in the past, someone please tell what am i doing wrong!?

Im desperate for a job coz i am moving into a new house on friday and will have to live off job seekers allowance!!! :(:(:(:(:(:(

(which isnt much!)

There are not many unemployed people in Shetland but there are not that many jobs available either. The regular vacancies are at the Shetland Catch, Lerwick Fish Traders, Somerfield and the Co-op.

If I remember correctly from another topic you live in Ollaberry. Unless you have a car to use then you are limited to bus transport which means you can only work weekdays and 9--5. Fish factories want people to start work earlier and supermarkets want them to work later.

Perhaps worth trying the terminal or Scatsta Airport. Not just BP but the contractors who provide lots of the site services........good luck.

Terminal and Scatsta are the bright lights in the night sky over Ollaberry. Too far to walk though. I dont want to be cruel but have you given any thought to commuting a bit less than 3 hours a day and spending £23 a week on bus fares.....something to consider.

On the plus side the Camera Centre seems a nice enough place to work.

without having a particular trade there is not very much open to you within the 9 - 5 hours.. and as Just me trying to work in ollabery without a car would do my head in.. as I personally think the bus service is rubbish.. to put it politely.

Goodluck with your next interview.. and something alway comes up.. and you do give the impression your willing to work. rather than sit in the dole queue.. which is a huge plus.

Best of luck with the interview.

I applied for 68 jobs before I got this one, but I am a old stroppy git who loathes telling people at interview how wonderful I am. The only reason that I got this one was my (good) reputation :oops:

On one interview the interviewer was being negative about the relevance of my previous experience. I closed my notepad and gave him the body language that said "I have better things to do than waste my time talking to a scruffy tw*t who hasn't even bothered to put a shirt and tie on for this interview". He went on to tell me that you always meet people twice in life and that we would meet again - fool. :roll: