The Republic of Shetland

The Republic of Shetland?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. If the UK dissolved into different states, would you prefer that Shetland became...

• part of Scotland
    • part of Norway
    • its own sovereign state

1 hour ago, ReeseTheDundonian said:

So let's imagine a world in which the UK dissolves and breaks off into several different states. Shetland has a choice between being part of Scotland, part of Norway or being as it's own sovereign state. Would you vote yes for independence? If so, why?

Hi Reece, I would think an independent Scotland would be disastrous and re-joining the EU hardly makes it independent.

I don’t know enough about how becoming part of Norway would affect us and I don’t think we could make it as a sovereign state.

My vote would go to becoming a crown dependency, could this be added to the vote?

36 minutes ago, Windwalker said:

Hi Reece, I would think an independent Scotland would be disastrous and re-joining the EU hardly makes it independent.

I don’t know enough about how becoming part of Norway would affect us and I don’t think we could make it as a sovereign state.

My vote would go to becoming a crown dependency, could this be added to the vote?

I was a little surprised that Crown Dependency was omitted, and maybe Denmark should get a ention as well.

8 hours ago, Windwalker said:

Norway is so closely aligned to the EU that it is practically a member without any MEPs.

• 7 months later...
On 01/02/2021 at 14:50, Windwalker said:

Crown dependency would work well, I'll add it onto the vote.