What type of razor do you use?

trout

I have just used a throw away bic razor for the very first time in my life! Its an experience I'm not going to ever do again as I almost managed to give myself one of those chemical peel surgery jobs with the damn thing!!!

Mach III has been my staple since the thing came out ...

... but if you're feeling a bit flash with cash get one of those cut-throat jobs from a barber. Cleanest and freshest cut ever! Though I fear I would lob an ear or my nose off if I attempted to do it myself :? ??!!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beards are the way to go, I've never used a razor in my life beyond a little tidying up once in a blue moon, and now I have much less life left to come than I've already had. A pair of old manually operated hair clippers keeps it in order and from swabbing through my dinner well enough.

Of course, there are those who say I'm just a lazy SOAB, but that's their problem.

Do you know, that if you carefully clean and dry razor blades on a towel after use, you will extend the life virtually indefinately.

The blades themselves are made of high quality steel, and are accurately sharpened during the manufacturing process. The reason the blades lose their performance is the build up of soap scum and other detritus.

If you clean the blade you will dramatically extend the life, which with those Mach 3 blades, means you can buy a new car every 3 years, go out on the skyte once every 3 months, and afford a curry every Friday! :lol:

P.S. - I'm not cheap, just my money means a lot to me, I had to work damn hard to make it!

Mach 3 for me and a electric philishave from time to time.

Tell me something, these new razors with the battery in them, what's that all about? Does it feel different? Can you feel anything? I've never seen a practical explanation of what it actually does so i'm totally sceptical about it.

Mach 3 for me and a electric philishave from time to time.

Tell me something, these new razors with the battery in them, what's that all about? Does it feel different? Can you feel anything? I've never seen a practical explanation of what it actually does so i'm totally sceptical about it.

Ok........electric wet shaving feels very odd to start with. The difference in use is that I only apply light pressure to keep the razor against the skin when compared to a "mormal" mach3 shave yet the shave is as close or closer. Would not like to use one if I had toothache.....the sound and vibration would be too much like a dentists drill.