Galapagos

Njugle

Did anybody watch this? There have been times in the past where i have actually thought i had seen enough of the tortoises and boobies, but the first episode of this new series was just fantastic! The filming is just breathtaking. The science is accessble and the presentation of it all is as good as i've ever seen.

Why do we need all these crappy dinosaur CGI programs when there is real life wonders like this that can be shown realistically? :wink:

yeah I was quite happy to sit through the repeat as well as the first showin (it was tonight about 7ish)

especially liked bits with the water loving reptile things

the only thing that bugs me about it is the faceless narration, I'd prefer to see someone actually getting in amongst the wildlife

yeah I was quite happy to sit through the repeat as well as the first showin (it was tonight about 7ish)

especially liked bits with the water loving reptile things

the only thing that bugs me about it is the faceless narration, I'd prefer to see someone actually getting in amongst the wildlife

To my way of thinking the Galapagos islands were quite rightly the "stars" of the programme. "Faceless narration" meant that we were still seeing the visuals during the narration. We are lucky that our tv companies produce so many excellent nature programmes but I fear we are seeing too much of "star" presenters instead of nature.......just watch "autumnwatch" next week to see what I mean.

Fair point, I wasn't looking for someone famous, just somone that you can actually see while they talk. That way their own enthusiasm helps to get across whatever they are saying, I found it a bit emotionless.

Like I say though, I still really liked it.