Royal Family

Yes, I should have made it clear that it was the Romans who put the walls up.  I just thought that everybody knew..:ponders:

Thing is that Scotland was not a Kingdom at the time.  Just a loose collection of thieves and rogues who entered Northern England to steal cattle etc.

The reason for the walls was to try and prevent this.  Have you ever tried getting a cow over a wall ????    :rofl:

1 hour ago, Colin said:

Thing is that Scotland was not a Kingdom at the time.  Just a loose collection of thieves and rogues who entered Northern England to steal cattle etc.  

I believe that there were a lot of the same in England that stole from the Scots, probably from the Picts before that.

Regardless, though.

5 hours ago, Colin said:

Have you ever tried getting a cow over a wall ????    :rofl:

That. depends entirely on the cow concerned, and the strength of the wall concerned.

Put a cow in season on one side of a wall, and a bull on the other side, and one or the other of them will find a way to the other side.

Maybe the Scots had crappy bulls the English cows didn't rate as offspring worthy producing material, or maybe the Scots never managed to figure out you needed to being the bull to the wall when an English cow was in season for the bait to work.  Regardless, old Hadrian's plan seemed to work, or maybe, having built the damn thing only to find it didn't work, them Roman's couldn't be arsed to pull it down again.....after all they like their siestas.....Oh, nope that's the Spanish.Mustn't mention the Armada.

Never understood the idea that the Royal family should be kept to keep the tourists coming in. For the money these spongers are on we could build a theme park in every town and village in Britain, I'm sure that would bring in more ££££ than looking at the locked gates of Buckingham Palace or Balmoral, we could even keep the soldiers with the Bearskins for the photo ops if we wanted too, they're only on around 28k a year.

Edited by Capeesh

^ They may well be financially privileged, there's little debate about that, but I'm not so sure so much in other departments. I'm not going to argue about the doffing caps to them being mental, but still and on I don't think its anywhere near as mental as they are given some of their antics over the years.

A superfluous bunch of defective inbreeds really. Kinda like Appalachia's finest, but with a lot more money.

Prince Charles was Admiral of the Fleet of the Royal Navy, Field Marshal of the British army and also Marshal of the Royal Air Force - all at the same time between 1971 and 1976. Each and every single position being the very top position there is.

I wonder just how these positions could be justified, in any way at all.

• 4 weeks later...