Vaccination cards.

The COVID-19 vaccination  card, brought out in England and Wales, contains a record of someone’s vaccination and a reminder of their second appointment date, but it does not contain secure personal information so it cannot prove who was vaccinated. Is it really worth having?

The card is probably about as much worth as the 'vaccination' it refers to. Which doesn't stop you catching the lurgie, or from passing it on to others, it just makes it 'less severe', they say. Not a lot of plusses to be had anywhere there.

Gotta hand it to the big pharma/government marketing/PR efforts though, in turning a 'vaccine' that only works kinda, sorta, a little bit, maybe, in to such a sought after commodity.

19 hours ago, George. said:

The COVID-19 vaccination  card, brought out in England and Wales, contains a record of someone’s vaccination and a reminder of their second appointment date, but it does not contain secure personal information so it cannot prove who was vaccinated. Is it really worth having?

Is it really worth having ?  IMHO, NO!!

Anyway, why would anyone want 'secure personal information' on a vaccination card.  That's just ID Cards via the back door.

If you want one, and they are available, then just apply for it but, there is no way that it should be mandatory.

It seems to work for Driving Licences, Passports etc.

14 hours ago, Ghostrider said:

The card is probably about as much worth as the 'vaccination' it refers to. Which doesn't stop you catching the lurgie, or from passing it on to others, it just makes it 'less severe', they say. Not a lot of plusses to be had anywhere there.

Gotta hand it to the big pharma/government marketing/PR efforts though, in turning a 'vaccine' that only works kinda, sorta, a little bit, maybe, in to such a sought after commodity.

Yep, and it's a little to stiff for the only use I can think of... :thmbsup

Perhaps, in time, a proper(?) vaccine will be available.  Meantime, we have to satisfy ourselves with the promise that, after vaccination,  we are unlikely(?) to die from covid, just be 'ill for a while' instead.. 

2 hours ago, George. said:

On the ninth of Febuary this year, Prince Charles and his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall got their first COVID-19 jag, just a wee while before any of us. It would be interesting to see them justify that.  

They needed to test it on someone first ??   :unsure:

^Hmmm...... It's been done on Boris Johnson now, too. He's about as much use as auld Charlie, while a huge amount of worthwhile people like doctors, nurses, ambulance drivers etc have got nothing. They're the peeps that look after us, unlike.......

Pomp and circumstance comes to mind.

Edited by George.

Cards/Digital entry on passports etc are coming whether you like it or not as airports and countries will require documentation to travel. Why the fear of I.D. cards as I am sure that even Mr Putin knows what we all had for dinner. I think that considering the time that we have had to study this virus we have done very well with producing a vaccine. I am sure that better vaccines will come but is there such a thing as a 100% effective vaccine. I would also like to advise anyone who has refused the vaccine to think again as this virus is not a nice way to die and some of the after effects are not nice either. I speak from experience. It may also be a good idea if those of you who rubbish the vaccine would keep your negative thoughts to yourself as you may sway the undecided to not take the vaccine. It would be interesting to see if the people who shout about the vaccine being dangerous or not effective actually took it themselves. Before the English language experts jump in and criticise my spelling/punctuation I do apologize for any mistakes.

IMHO I think we should get our passports stamped to say we have received the vaccine, this might mean travel company's would deny anyone without the "jag" but I certainly would feel more at ease knowing that those on board a bus/plane or boat had been inoculated even though it is not belt and braces.

I'm sure those measures would help the tourist industry, but I'm not going anywhere for a while yet. 

Those who chose not to have this vaccination should also be prepared to "isolate "themselves so as to protect us all .

Every time we use our bank card ,go on the internet or use our mobile phones ,someone somewhere knows where we are so i have no problem with ID cards .

48 minutes ago, Urabug said:

Every time we use our bank card ,go on the internet or use our mobile phones ,someone somewhere knows where we are so i have no problem with ID cards .

Not everybody uses their bank card as their default method of making purchases or owns a mobile, and if you're someone who only goes online at home, while the IP would lead back to a connection in a given locality eventually, there's no way of proving who was using it at the time, and some people don't even have the internet either

2 hours ago, Ghostrider said:

Not everybody uses their bank card as their default method of making purchases or owns a mobile, and if you're someone who only goes online at home, while the IP would lead back to a connection in a given locality eventually, there's no way of proving who was using it at the time, and some people don't even have the internet either

Well what about the surveillance cameras, they don't lie. 

33 minutes ago, Urabug said:

Well what about the surveillance cameras, they don't lie. 

They don't see much if you are in the habit of wearing a cap with a wide brim worn low. Do we have many that actually work anymore anyway, I thought their infamous over-priced CCTV died a long time ago. Not that they ever seemed t ID anyone using it.

30 minutes ago, Ghostrider said:

They don't see much if you are in the habit of wearing a cap with a wide brim worn low. Do we have many that actually work anymore anyway, I thought their infamous over-priced CCTV died a long time ago. Not that they ever seemed t ID anyone using it.

I  know folk who have cameras linked to their door bell ,calls the mobile phone when someone calls and well you can see who is at the door ,also works for security as it can be  sensor operated as well.

Da street cameras were a total waste of money as far as I know, but cameras are everywhere, dashcams  ect ect ,no escape.

Keep the hat weel doon and da mask weel up.