Elderly English Women

Babsy

Has anyone other than me come across elderly English women in there late sixties who have come here for the right of passage to our Care Homes and while they wait think they can be as nasty and rude as they please. Today I was on the recieving end and it shook me up,I was however polite back,and angry at my self for being so.These people seem to think they are the font of all knowledge on all things Shetland,yet I being a Shetlander am just a yokel... Ok glad I'Ve had a rant (I'l gaen back tae me sock)

I have heard about people moveing her to take advantage of the good provisions for old people, but unfair if you ask me.

There are also lots of tales about people moving here to get housed by the council which they could not do at home.

I have no doubt that both do happen and I wish there was a way to stop it but we should remember that there are also lots of people who moved to Shetland because they like living here as well as those who were located here by their employers and chose to stay at the end of the contract.

There are also lots of tales about people moving here to get housed by the council which they could not do at home.

I have no doubt that both do happen and I wish there was a way to stop it but we should remember that there are also lots of people who moved to Shetland because they like living here as well as those who were located here by their employers and chose to stay at the end of the contract.

Never forget the people who leave Shetland to live elsewhere!

If the population is stable does that suggest that as many are leaving as arriving? Or because of the higher than average birth rate here does it suggest that more people are leaving than arriving?

You should be encouraging people to come here to stop the depopulation of the outer islands, to bring with them skils, experience and money.

If there are those that are taking advantage of the care for the elderly you have to expect it in the same way that Shetland takes advantage of handouts unheard of sooth.