Xmas Night out

Twerto

Best day for a works xmas doo  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Best day for a works xmas doo

• 15th of December
    • 22nd of December

yes yes i know it is too early to think of these things.. but somehow it has cropped up today in ther office..

Basically we discovered it is on the 15th of december.. and I am like WTF :shock: what is the point in having it so early.. the whole point of works xmas doo. Is it's the last day of work before your off for xmas.. and you know your not going to see anyone from work who will remember all the embaressing things you did till the new year... by which time they have had an arguement with the mother in law.. and forgotten all about the drunken spree of the works night out.

ahhh thats better got that off my chest.. now back to thinking about the iraq war..

I worked for a company who had it on the 7th of November one year because it was cheaper then! Most of my colleagues have since been made redundant in their drive for efficiency 8O

Some years back certain Lerwick firms (who shall remain anonymous to protect their potential embrrassment) always held their works "do" "sometime" in January, because the Lerwick Hotel management of the day offered a good deal with it being a quiet month. (I think they'd given up calling it anything in particular by the time I experienced them, but internal company urban legends told tales of it variously being called a late Xmas Party, a late New Years Party, and an early Up Helly Aw Party over the years).

• 2 weeks later...
8O Aye, Its nearly Christmas again, the time of year we all dread when ye have to buy christmas presents... and most of them for people you dont even like... 8O

But I think we can cancel it this year as santa claus has started too early and ummm.. I doubt he will have sobered up in time to be ridin that sleigh... 8O

(** mod edit ** Infact I'm editing out this crude picture too!

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink forums, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.

**)

Do you think It was the buckie????

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: