Super Caley Go Ballistic, Rangers are Attrocious!!

JVRTENNENTS

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Difficult for a loyal bluenose like myself to be positive at the moment but I am upbeat about the situation. Unlike a certain mob that start throwing Mars bars at their directors when the going gets tough or are known for regular car-park demonstrations or go in the huff when beaten by Caley Thistle, who finished 6th in the 1st Division that season, and were described as 'minnows' and 'tiny' Caley Thistle! - a wee link as a reminder - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/636000.stm Of course, ICT beat the same team in the cup 3 years later, the same season that Thistle finished 4th in the 1st Division. I think the Super Caley etc. headline was more appropriate back on either of these occasions.

Reasons for being positive from a Rangers viewpoint? Let's try these for starters:

After 10 league games last season we were 4th in the league with only 2 more points than we have now.

At this stage last season, Rangers only won 1 of their next 7 league matches - drawing 4 and losing 2. This is unlikely to happen again.

At this stage last season I couldn't see how McLeish could pull us out of the rut. I have a much better feeling that Le Guen can do so.

We have been playing better football this season than last - at times.

We have Kris Boyd - Celtic have Kenny Miller! (His goal against the Gers and Knackered Motor's heroics at the weekend was a flash in the pan).

Not that 2nd place is acceptable for a club like Rangers, but for the sake of comparison, this time last season Rangers were 6 points behind the second place team, this season we are only 5 points behind 2nd place.

This time last season we were 9 points behind top of the table Hearts and nearly caught them even after having the bad run mentioned above. Who's to say we can't catch Celtic. All it takes is for the 'Whoops' to have a couple of bad results, which is highly possible, and they're back with the pack.

The last and best reason for being positive? We can live our lives in the knowledge that 'We are the People'!

:wink:

I don't even know why people pay attention to rangers.

Check the record books - specifically the section marked Scottish Football records and even more interesting is the details under 'World Football Records'. Another interesting one is the stats relating to the number of players provided to the National team - namely, more than any other club.

People who know about football pay attention to the Rangers.

The last and best reason for being positive? We can live our lives in the knowledge that 'We are the People'!

Serious question - WTF does that actually mean?

:?: :?: :?:

Serious answer - It does not need to be explained. You either know what it means or you don't. If you don't, it doesn't matter to anyone, including you, if you know or not. Make sense? :)

Serious question - WTF does that actually mean?

:?: :?: :?:

Serious answer - It does not need to be explained. You either know what it means or you don't. If you don't, it doesn't matter to anyone, including you, if you know or not. Make sense? :)

The fact that you choose not to explain it intrigues me even more.

Reasons for being positive from a Rangers viewpoint? Let's try these for starters:

We have Kris Boyd - Celtic have Kenny Miller! (His goal against the Gers and Knackered Motor's heroics at the weekend was a flash in the pan).

Stan, Kris Boyd is not going to score many goals sitting on the bench !!!

This time last season we were 9 points behind top of the table Hearts and nearly caught them even after having the bad run mentioned above. Who's to say we can't catch Celtic. All it takes is for the 'Whoops' to have a couple of bad results, which is highly possible, and they're back with the pack.

you ended up 18 points behind celtic so if celts are already 10 clear at this stage then whats it gonna end up being!?! :lol:

People who know about football pay attention to the Rangers.

Dead right Stan. People like UEFA who recently fined Rangers approx £13,000 in a futile attempt to get Rangers to clean up their act.

It's a matter of time until UEFA come down heavy on the Rangers again.

I'm not saying that everything is rosy. Just trying to pick out a few positives. Where the Rangers are concerned my glass is always half full despite others attempts to tell me its half empty. I also expect (and some would demand) major purchases during January to boost the squad. Unlike last season I also expect Rangers to be within touching distance, if not actually at, the top of the table at that time.

Yes, Kris Boyd should be playing from the start.

Yes, we are 10 points behind the 'green and grey' but I maintain that we have an improved squad and an improvement in the management from last season that is good enough to knuckle down and get the necessary results.

Yes, on current evidence you would think that Rangers are more likely to continue their bad run. However, history shows that runs of poor form like last season are rare, which is why Rangers have won 51 league titles.

What do you make of the Letizi vs McGregor situation Stan?

From what little I have seen of Rangers whilst McGregor has been playing, he seems to have made a worthy impression on the team. Did he not get man of the match awards from a few places for the Old Firm game?