Super Caley Go Ballistic, Rangers are Attrocious!!

JVRTENNENTS

some result for celtic last night! the lads were nothing short of brilliant and that was without hesslink, mcgeady and gravesen who normally start. one of the best i have seen celtic play, very enjoyable to watch :D :D

if you didnt enjoy it stan then im sure you will be pleased on a scottish note that kenny miller seems to be improving with every game he plays, dont think there is a player in world football with a higher work rate than him!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you didnt enjoy it stan then im sure you will be pleased on a scottish note that kenny miller seems to be improving with every game he plays, dont think there is a player in world football with a higher work rate than him!

Unfortunately, or perhaps in retrospect, fortunately, work committments meant I did not see the game. By all accounts the work rate of the whole team was excellent. Something sadly missing from those down Ibrox way at the moment. Kenny Miller, I'm indifferent about I must say. The odd good game does not impress. I do remember him scoring in Europe for the Gers and hitting a few in on the domestic front front for us e.g 5 against St Mirren, so it's nothing new. Let's wait and see if he can keep it up. Also, to get punted twice by Alex McLeish is not a great thing to have on your CV!

If matches were decided on workrates...any team with Kenny Miller in it would likely win the game.

My main gripe with young Kendo was the game in the Ukraine last week...when he missed that header, which I probably could have comfortably put away, the commentator came out with "and it fell to the very man you would want it to"...ummm no, the man I would want it to fall to in that position would be Miroslav Klose in an ideal world, however I would have settled for Kris Boyd, Paul Hartley, Steven Pressley, Gary Caldwell, or anyone who could find the back of the net in that situation.

Anyway, fair due to Celtic...they were pretty damn impressive last night.

I rarely let my allegiances slip when it comes to European football. As far as I can see, the European games just give the Old Firm fans another excuse to roll out when something doesn't go their way, such as getting beaten in the league the week before or after a European game..."aww we wur concentrating on the Yooropeen game and aw'rat byraway". Also the fuss that Rangers kicked up last year about having to travel to...INVERNESS!!!...in the run up to a European game was funny and pathetic at the same time. Rumour was they actually flew up to Inverness for the game. All that fuss for a 4-5 hour bus trip, just be glad they don't play in Moscow...and had to play an away game to Vladivostok.

Unfortunately, or perhaps in retrospect, fortunately, work committments meant I did not see the game. By all accounts the work rate of the whole team was excellent. Something sadly missing from those down Ibrox way at the moment. Kenny Miller, I'm indifferent about I must say. The odd good game does not impress. I do remember him scoring in Europe for the Gers and hitting a few in on the domestic front front for us e.g 5 against St Mirren, so it's nothing new. Let's wait and see if he can keep it up. Also, to get punted twice by Alex McLeish is not a great thing to have on your CV!

yeah but mcleish is a complete muppet who knows nothing, so being punted by him twice isnt really a bad thing as he is a complete numpty! :lol:

yeah but mcleish is a complete muppet who knows nothing, so being punted by him twice isnt really a bad thing as he is a complete numpty! :lol:

Getting 3 million (I think thats right) for Kenny Miller was possibly the best bit of business Rangers have done in years. Oops, just remembered Boomsong, make that the 2nd best bit of business.

He's a better player now no doubt, but Celtic would do well to get 3 million for him.

Are you talking about the same 'complete numpty' who was manager of a treble winning side and reasonable haul of trophies, and the man who managed the first Scottish team to qualify from the group stages of the Champions League? If that is complete numptyness then what does that make other managers in Scotland?

Pray tell, what are these selective games where you support the top clubs in Scotland where the outcome is of benefit to Hearts?

Well, this season I was supporting one of the top clubs in several games namely Hearts v Siroki Brijeg, AEK Athens and Sparta Prague. I presume you meant one of the clubs that finished in the top two last season when you referred to 'top clubs'? The results of those games could have been beneficial to Hearts; in fact acquisition of any European experience must be beneficial to any team.

Surely if you want Hearts to benefit you should be supporting Rangers and C****c on every occasion as all Scottish clubs rely on these two every single year to ensure that the co-efficient remains high enough so that clubs like Hearts can get the chance of entry to the Champions League by coming second in the league.

'Support' is rather a strong term for my liking. If either of those teams do well enough to maintain the coefficient then fine, if not it doesn't matter that much. Hearts nowadays should be capable of challenging for qualification on their own merits rather than having to rely on help from the OF.

What I meant by being beneficial to Hearts is that a prolonged European run i.e. Rankgers UEFA Cup group stage exploits or Sellikfootballclub's Champions' League games could have a bearing on their domestic form and that should there be any slip-ups I'd hope Hearts would take advantage. Don't get me wrong, I'd dearly like to have seen Hearts progressing in Europe this season, but as they haven't then they can now focus solely on domestic matters.

So, no, I shouldn't and won't be supporting either of the OF on 'every occasion'.

As an aside, Scotland certainly can't rely on Hearts to keep up the co-efficient.

Wrong Stan. Hearts this year acquired 2 and a 1/2 points.

More than Sellikfootballclub, Dundeh United and the weeteam managed last year.

Which is a pity as I recall watching highlights of a great European night at Tynecastle on TV - 1976/77 Leipzig 5-1 2nd leg victory after a 2-0 defeat away from home. Superb stuff.

Indeed it was. As were the more recent victories in Bordeaux and Basle - not many away teams won there. Shame we couldn't do the business at Muddyfield.

Are you talking about the same 'complete numpty' who was manager of a treble winning side and reasonable haul of trophies, and the man who managed the first Scottish team to qualify from the group stages of the Champions League? If that is complete numptyness then what does that make other managers in Scotland?

he might have qualified from group last year but the group was nothing compared to groups celtic have had in past seasons. Bayern(german champs), Lyon(french champs), Anderlecht(belgian champs), nice easy group there!

but did rangers actually win anything last year.........nope dont think they did and they didnt even manage to finish in the top 2. nice job mcleish!

No-one is denying that Rangers are pish just now but those who are so eagre to slate PLG are just jumping on the media bandwagon.

Would that be the same media bandwagon who, before the season kicked off, happily said PLG was the greatest thing to join Scottish football in years. Just watch Rangers go now we were constantly told. With Mr Murray providing a considerable "war chest" of transfer funds there would be no stopping Rangers now. The Laptop Loyal lapped it all up, happy to print whatever Murray told them to.

Now, this weekend, after a home humbling to ICT when the few Loyal fans left in Ibrox at the final whistle raised the roof booing their favourites off, did we see the headlines "Rangers in crisis" or anything similar.

No. What we got was a "story" about Rino Gattuso returning to Ibrox. Allegedley Rino told Mr Murray this in August. Why didn't we hear about it in August? Because Murray has a habit of keeping good-news stories up his sleeve until they're needed, like last weekend.

The Scottish media fall for it time after time, perhaps because they want to. It's so predictable it's almost funny.

And the Gattuso story? Pish, according to the mid-week papers. It did the deflection job though, and that's what counts.

Guaranteed, if a Celtic manager was going through a spell like PLG then the media hatchet-men would be out in force.

As Murray said:

Dear fellow Rangers men,

Blah blah blah blah Ronaldo Blah blah blah blah For every £5 they spend Blah blah blah blah Zidane Blah blah blah blah pass the gravy Blah blah blah blah Paul Le Guen is the best manager in Europe Blah blah blah blah theres moonbeams at the end of the tunnel.

That is all.

Mr Murray.

I now hear PLG has had a falling out with Phil Bardsley - nice one Paul! I could understand it if he was doing well but he's not - he's already fallen behind Celtic, one more Old Firm defeat and he can realistically give up on the title.

Suits me though, I'm a Celtic fan and find it all rather amusing.

I now hear PLG has had a falling out with Phil Bardsley - nice one Paul! I could understand it if he was doing well but he's not - he's already fallen behind Celtic, one more Old Firm defeat and he can realistically give up on the title.

This what I call amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeaYiwAdmo

Hey Frances, look no further than the next one down for your answer from the other half of the OFI doubt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q87_QqHni8s&mode=related&search=

Hey Frances, lokk no further than the next one down for your answer from the other hald I doubt?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q87_QqHni8s&mode=related&search=

Nope, nothing is as funny as 'the helicopter is changing direction !'