Super Caley Go Ballistic, Rangers are Attrocious!!

JVRTENNENTS

No-one is denying that Rangers are pish just now but those who are so eagre to slate PLG are just jumping on the media bandwagon.

Would that be the same media bandwagon who, before the season kicked off, happily said PLG was the greatest thing to join Scottish football in years.

Exactly the same bandwagon just going in the opposite direction. As you suggest, the papers talk p!sh, my advice is to watch the games and make your own mind up.

Here is a bit of what Rino said:

I don't know when it will happen but it will happen.

I just have to go back and it's a promise I have made to myself and David Murray.

I spoke to David in August in Edinburgh and he told me the door was always open for me. There won't be any problems with money.

I know they are going through a bad time financially, and I won't go there to take a pension either.

I won't go at 35 or 36, I'll go when I've still got something to offer them, at European level as well as Scottish.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, nothing is as funny as 'the helicopter is changing direction !'

Fact. That was an helicopter hired by the SPL to present the trophy. Nothing wrong with that. However, the hiring of it had nothing to do with Celtic.

If you want to laugh at a club who actually went out and hired a helicopter to take them home in triumph from Dundee to Govan on the final day of the 1998 season to celebrate 10 in a row then look no further than the Laptop Loyal's favourite sons.

THAT was a laugh.

Here to help :wink:

Here is a bit of what Rino said:

I don't know when it will happen but it will happen.

I just have to go back and it's a promise I have made to myself and David Murray.

I spoke to David in August in Edinburgh and he told me the door was always open for me. There won't be any problems with money.

I know they are going through a bad time financially, and I won't go there to take a pension either.

I won't go at 35 or 36, I'll go when I've still got something to offer them, at European level as well as Scottish.

Did he actually say that or did the Scottish press say he said it?

And back to my original point, why keep this momentous story buried until now? Surely if a recent world cup winner was actually saying this it would be headline news for weeks.

Anyway, it's not true. According to the Scotsman that is http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1542002006

Another Murray moonbeam.

Did he actually say that or did the Scottish press say he said it?

And back to my original point, why keep this momentous story buried until now? Surely if a recent world cup winner was actually saying this it would be headline news for weeks.

Anyway, it's not true. According to the Scotsman that is http://sport.scotsman.com/index.cfm?id=1542002006

I found the Rino quotes here:

http://bluesq.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1861_1596355,00.html

I'll admit that the Scotsman is a better source but it sounds a bit like he was just trying to calm the Milan fans. Telling people what they want to hear is sprootle from one perpective and diplomacy from another. He could easily have said both.

I don't really see how its all Murrays fault that this comes out now tbh. We have established that the papers are full of shucks so I'd rather blame them personally.

I'll admit that one thing that makes it sound like a bit of a fake is the "I'll go when I've still got something to offer". It's just a bit too much like what a Rangers fan would want to hear.

I now hear PLG has had a falling out with Phil Bardsley - nice one Paul! I could understand it if he was doing well but he's not - he's already fallen behind Celtic, one more Old Firm defeat and he can realistically give up on the title.

Suits me though, I'm a Celtic fan and find it all rather amusing.

This what I call amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeaYiwAdmo

That's fairly cheered me up in these gloomy days.

Mind you it is a good reminder for all these Celtic fans with short memories, who are already gloating that the league is won, and that they are already in the last 16 in the Champions League. :lol: :lol:

Rangers became the first Scottish club to win a European tie in Italy with a sumptuous display to sink Livorno in the driving rain. 8)

A good result for sure, but Livorno looked poor it has to be said. Can't see them getting many points in this section.

Three from five go through so I reckon Rangers are more than half-way there already.

I now hear PLG has had a falling out with Phil Bardsley - nice one Paul! I could understand it if he was doing well but he's not - he's already fallen behind Celtic, one more Old Firm defeat and he can realistically give up on the title.

Suits me though, I'm a Celtic fan and find it all rather amusing.

This what I call amusing. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdeaYiwAdmo

That's fairly cheered me up in these gloomy days.

Mind you it is a good reminder for all these Celtic fans with short memories, who are already gloating that the league is won, and that they are already in the last 16 in the Champions League. :lol: :lol:

Its looking pretty good both domestically and in europe but there is a hell of a lot football to be played, all it takes is a couple of bad results which will happen at some point through the season and both Hearts and Rangers could be right back in it but there again I can see them both dropping points in any game at the moment especially Rangers :lol: .

Its going to be a tough game against Benfica in Lisbon, ok we beat them 3 0 at home which was one of the best european performances in recent years but Celtics away form in Champions League games is pretty bad.

So I`m not taking anything for granted.

I don't really see how its all Murrays fault that this comes out now tbh. We have established that the papers are full of shucks so I'd rather blame them personally.

You're missing my point Junior. It's entirely Murray's fault. He was told this by Gattuso in August, according to your story. Why did he choose to conceal it until October? A world cup winner wants to join your club and you decide to keep it to yourself? I don't think so.

Because he knew he would need a good news story sooner or later so, once again, he's manipulated the majority of the Scottish media. He knows that he can reduce the bad news stories by feeding the red-tops with rubbish like this.

He's actually looking to offload Rangers in the not too distant future. Everything he does and says is geared towards maximising his profit from the sale of Rangers.

Rangers fans are being fed a diet of misinformation, aided and abetted by the odious Scottish tabloids.

You're missing my point Junior. It's entirely Murray's fault. He was told this by Gattuso in August, according to your story. Why did he choose to conceal it until October? A world cup winner wants to join your club and you decide to keep it to yourself? I don't think so.

Because he knew he would need a good news story sooner or later so, once again, he's manipulated the majority of the Scottish media. He knows that he can reduce the bad news stories by feeding the red-tops with rubbish like this.

He's actually looking to offload Rangers in the not too distant future. Everything he does and says is geared towards maximising his profit from the sale of Rangers.

Rangers fans are being fed a diet of misinformation, aided and abetted by the odious Scottish tabloids.

I'm missing something anyway.

I agree that Murray kept it secret, but that is the norm with pre-transfer discussions of any kind. IMO that is the correct way to work. I don't see why you have a problem with it. What I want to know is how do you know that he was the one that leaked it at this time?.

As far as profits go, if Murray wanted to make money he would have stayed well clear of football. Murrays personal net loss over his years at Rangers must be massive, he has spent that money because he loves the club. If I was selling something I would want to get the best price for it, I have no problem with Murray doing that with Rangers, it doesn't mean that his best interests are not still with the club.

And one more thing: Woohoo 3-2 :D

How many of the following clubs are competing in Europe this week?

ICT

Hearts

Hibs

Aberdeen

But surely all of them are playing in Europe? Scotland is in Europe is it not?

I was at Ibrox the other weekend to watch them scrape past Aberdeen. The place is pretty soulless nowadays and merely represents how money has ruined football the world over.

• 2 months later...
OOPS :D Thought this was a new thread!

As much as I am depressed in a '3rd in the league AND behind Scabbydeen' kind of way - that was sort of funny, tirvaluk!

Desperately waiting for the split AND that Rangers are in the top six as I don't fancy our chances against the bottom six these days!

Had the misfortune of catching most Rangers victory over Murderwell today.

Does anyone feel sheer outrage against Nacho Novo? The man is obviously a gifted player, but does he really need to take so many tumbles? Scottish football is a better place without the divers (as proof of the pudding, you don't see anyone missing Stilian Petrov do you?).

Furthermore, after throwing a (missed) punch at an opposition player Novo manages to avoid getting sent off. Instead the ref sends off Prso! (maybe he realised Prso had taken a dive for the penalty and decided to restore karma! :D )

Had the misfortune of catching most Rangers victory over Murderwell today.

Does anyone feel sheer outrage against Nacho Novo? The man is obviously a gifted player, but does he really need to take so many tumbles? Scottish football is a better place without the divers (as proof of the pudding, you don't see anyone missing Stilian Petrov do you?).

Furthermore, after throwing a (missed) punch at an opposition player Novo manages to avoid getting sent off. Instead the ref sends off Prso! (maybe he realised Prso had taken a dive for the penalty and decided to restore karma! :D )

Why was Ferguson not playing?