The Xmas Shoe Box

BigMouth

I genuinely regret your receipt of this matter on a personal basis Atomic.

Firstly, it was me who you contacted about the "use of profanity" by private message some time ago. This resulted in my reprimanding the user immediately, and his subsequent removal from the forums. I apologise for not having responded to you to confirm this matter had been dealt with, but for the record, a complaint was received and action was taken. That is what counts.

Secondly, as it has escaped your notice, for no other reason than to try and appease both sides of this debate, my more recent posts have been a deliberate attempt to introduce the fact that many christian organisations are widely commended and do not "ram christainity down peoples throats", a matter i feel quite strongly about as i know and care about many a practising christian who do not evangelise at all, let alone to anyones offence. However i will not digress into unnecessary details. The point being that were i a practising christian myself i would be pointing out the good things that the good aspects of your faith and it's organisations do, and not taking the word of people with alternative faiths, or none at all, as a personal attack on your beliefs. They are not. From the content of postings you have made in this forum to date, it is apparent that you are quite capable of reasoned debate, i dare say we all enjoy an intellectual challenge in answering a well thought out counter argument. I know i do and am happy to adopt a view that conflicts with my own in order to facillitate a good debate. As i, as a member of the shetlink team, have done on a number of occasions.

Thirdly, I have yet to see any of the atheists complain about my "attacking" them as nihilists..................wait for it....... :wink:

{nihilist (noun): someone who rejects all theories of morality or religious belief

OR: anarchist: an advocate of anarchism

}

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to clarify some points made earlier in the thread.

On 17 June

I would like to draw your attention to recent postings by someone taking the username "GREAT-GOD-ALMIGHTY"........I'm really not comfortable with this username, ....
The last post by Great-God-Almighty was on 15 June. The user was contacted by PM, agreed not to use that name in future and the complaint was resolved.

As a registered user, who had made an official complaint, I felt I deserved a reply. As I had no reply, and the point was not taken seriously, it has sadly led me to feel that Shetlink does indeed have a tendency towards favouritism
I have to date, four months later, never received a reply from the Shetlink moderators, (although I have been told in the pub that the message was received)
I think these are unfair comments. The matter was discussed with the plantiff in person on several occasions and the complaint was upheld. I didn't think an email reply was required.