Drugs in Shetland

da ness tattie man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand your anger and your quest for justice upon said little git but are you planning to take it up with the individual involved in the crime? or would you like "a few druggies" taken out also on the way round? or are you planning to burn down the house of everyone who the local fish wives focus group has ever had their suspicions about because they heard they like the whacky baccy?

If the thief had been under the influence of alcohol, would you want the blame to be shared by everyone who has ever had a tipple or would you see that as a non sequitur?

No He'll do for me , and your sad little attempt at sarcasm cuts no ice wi me!! Maybe when some little low life asspick nicks something of yours you will grasp the situation.

Yes i did , my partner has lived here for 20 years and never had any reason to take keys out or lock the car. So does that mean that because of a few druggies everyone else has to be more vigilant while they get pampered.......................I dont bloody think so. :evil:

I should add that we live in quite a remote area off the beaten track and not a a roadside but in a private drive.

Bit of a difficult claim, living miles from no where yet someone perchances upon your unlocked car with the keys in it. Imagine a weeun finding it.

I hope you did not get an insurance payout.

Perhaps if drug taking was measured then this person may not have been looking for an angle, and getting on with getting on with their life.

I think it is an offence to leave a motor vehicle unsecured.

What should his punishment be, it should be a rehabilitation session with threat of revenge if they don't turn up.

There is gonna be allot more of this going on, and with open prisons now being scrutinised and the way prisoners are classified, Ken Clarkes wish to see more folk penalised within the community there will be even less rehabilitation.

The whole thing with these cuts is they are going at such a rapid pace, there is no way you can assess the needs of the community with confidence, and the wrong type of people stay.

Remember lock it or loose it!

Yes i did , my partner has lived here for 20 years and never had any reason to take keys out or lock the car. So does that mean that because of a few druggies everyone else has to be more vigilant while they get pampered.......................I dont bloody think so. :evil:

I should add that we live in quite a remote area off the beaten track and not a a roadside but in a private drive.

Bit of a difficult claim, living miles from no where yet someone perchances upon your unlocked car with the keys in it. Imagine a weeun finding it.

"Perchances"....Fiddlesticks!

Its form, been for the last 30 odd years.

Oh you do do you , well maybe that just shows what side of the fence you lean too..................

[qoute]Perhaps if drug taking was measured then this person may not have been looking for an angle, and getting on with getting on with their life.

And that involves stealing other peoples property ??????

I think it is an offence to leave a motor vehicle unsecured.

quote]

Not on Private land it isnt.

you really are not very well informed / educated are you.

Some Insurers will not pay out if it is a condition of the Policy that the vehicle is locked/secured. However, other Insurers will deduct a percentage for "contributory negligence". Blimey, season of goodwill and Shetlandpeat don't want you to get an insurance payout!

I know how it feels to have a vehicle stolen. Some thieving toe rag nicked by newly rebuilt Yamaha RD350 one bonfire night, despite it being chained, secured into the ground and double-chained to a Triumph Bonneville (which they didn't nick).

Yes, rehab for said criminal/drug user would be good - but so would making him/her paying back for nicked motor!

Guest Anonymous
I'm intrigued how you concluded that the said individual who took your car was on drugs?

Cos I know who it is now !

Any chance you could let me know who it is so that I can claim?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Classifieds:-

"Reward offered for the name and whereabouts of the thieving little B**tard who stole our A3 Quattro and wrote it off at the Bridge of Walls this morning."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:roll:

No He'll do for me , and your sad little attempt at sarcasm cuts no ice wi me!!

I'm not sure how you define sarcasm but this was not the intension.

Sarcasm is a way of speaking in which what is said is the opposite of what is meant. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark; there was no bitter ridicule there, it was just a straight up question...

If the perpetrator had been under the influence of alcohol, would you see the fact that people in Shetland take alcohol as the main factor in your car getting stolen?

Would it be because of all these bloody deviant drinkers that your car got nicked?

Guest Anonymous

Meaning... I smell a fish!

I'm presuming the druggie that 'stole' your car left some prints? And that you informed the local plod of your loss?

Then assuming that most 'druggies' have crossed paths with plod previous, It was eventual that you'd find out the identity.. Reward saved.

However. No prints means no proof. And to prove yourself innocent of crashing your own car on Newyears morn could prove tricky.

Meaning... I smell a fish!

I'm presuming the druggie that 'stole' your car left some prints? And that you informed the local plod of your loss?

Then assuming that most 'druggies' have crossed paths with plod previous, It was eventual that you'd find out the identity.. Reward saved.

However. No prints means no proof. And to prove yourself innocent of crashing your own car on Newyears morn could prove tricky.

Sorry wrong call there , Police involved , in fact it was them who woke us up to ask if we owned the car and was it missing !! we hadnt been up to see anything amiss , but they have got stuff from the car that wasnt ours so have prints / forensics etc. Cant go into much more than that just now for obvious reasons.