Drugs in Shetland

da ness tattie man

Hi, sorry that my first response to you is a rant also, but like follows like ;)

No hard feelings intended.

3 of that 4 are now DEAD... long before their time... (more statistics).... etc

How many cannabis smokers who didn't habitually smoke on your premises, and weren't barred, have died. How many alcohol users, who weren't barred, have died?

Almost everyone in your bar was using alcohol, therefore alcohol is implicated in all groups you can care to draw up.

How did the percentage of cannabis users in your 'barred' sample, compare to the percentage of cannabis users in your 'not barred' sample?

Or how about this...?

Of the 72 people barred from your business, 5% were barred because they smoked dope. Of that 5%, 75% have since died. To summarise: 4% of people who were barred and smoked cannabis, have died since being barred.

Of the 68 people not barred for smoking cannabis, almost 6% have since died!

The message is clear.

Or, more likely, I just hashed around a bunch of statistics to suit my argument?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry fjool but Im talking about real people not percentages.....

It doesn't matter. You're claiming a thing and I am demonstrating how this is not a complete picture. You've missed many possibilities and drawn a conclusion based upon but a sliver of the full story.

<---snip---> 4 of them were barred on separate occasions for repeatedly smoking cannabis, they couldnt do without it! even after being warned that even out the back of the pub was still "on the premises"..... 3 of that 4 are now DEAD... long before their time...<---snipped too--->

What proof do you have that the 3 deceased became such directly and exclusively as a result of their cannabis habit? Also, to be brutally blunt, what business is it of anyone's whether cannabis contributed to their early demise or not? The choice to use was their's, end of!

<---snip---> 4 of them were barred on separate occasions for repeatedly smoking cannabis, they couldnt do without it! even after being warned that even out the back of the pub was still "on the premises"..... 3 of that 4 are now DEAD... long before their time...<---snipped too--->

What proof do you have that the 3 deceased became such directly and exclusively as a result of their cannabis habit? Also, to be brutally blunt, what business is it of anyone's whether cannabis contributed to their early demise or not? The choice to use was their's, end of!

I have no proof nor would I go into it cause if I did everyone would know who I m talking about! nor do I need to justify it cause its a fact...no ones buisness unless it directly effects them or their families, but thankfully the 1 remaining addict has listened and did not dismiss what I had to say......

tlady wrote:

<---snip---> 4 of them were barred on separate occasions for repeatedly smoking cannabis, they couldnt do without it! even after being warned that even out the back of the pub was still "on the premises"..... 3 of that 4 are now DEAD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erm, christ, were to start with this one. Right first of sorry again FJOOL love ya really can we just call our first meet a missfire.

(**mod edit**) who the do you find that still believes booze is the healthy option when alcohol and tobacco kill more than all illegal drugs combind times 1000. Marihuana a drug that kills noone and lets put it in a time frame EVER. It's a better drug here I'll prove it, your on a night out someones really aggresive and violent are they drunk or are they stoned yeh you know it and we all know the truth too (**mod edit**)

1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.

I have no proof nor would I go into it cause if I did everyone would know who I m talking about! nor do I need to justify it cause its a fact...no ones buisness unless it directly effects them or their families, but thankfully the 1 remaining addict has listened and did not dismiss what I had to say......

Unless you do have proof the the cause of death on their Death Certificates states "Cannabis", there is no fact involved, only supposition. Which, I think most folks would agree serves no purpose except keeping the jungle drums beating.

seems the poxy runners of this site have little room for any real discussing thanks for another black out guys you leave a lot of room for debate really ok you made your sides clear I'm surprised your puritanical church lets you on the web at all thought you'd all be in bed cuddling your bibles by now free speech my a*@e

On a slightly lighter note I have passed on my "real life" statistics to the last remaining cannabis addict and warned them what will happen if they dont kick the habit!......

I bet they needed a stiff drink after that :wink:

Do you inform your best customers (alcohol addicts) what will happen if they don't stop drinking and ban them too?

On a slightly lighter note I have passed on my "real life" statistics to the last remaining cannabis addict and warned them what will happen if they dont kick the habit!......

I bet they needed a stiff drink after that :wink:

Do you inform your best customers (alcohol addicts) what will happen if they don't stop drinking and ban them too?

They prob did! but not from me, cause they re banned :wink: