Drugs in Shetland

da ness tattie man

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannabis does not cause any mental health problems. Obviously it'll mess your head up if you take it to the extreme. But what wont.

It will bring out markers in people who have a familial pre-disposition to mental illness. predominantly schizophrenia.

But i must reiterate!!! IT will not cause mental illness.

So, if you do not take cannabis, these markers may not appear...

So, your comment is a little dodgy and bold.....and is messin a head up not a mental thing...you are obviously in favour of the drug but you need to find some more convincing arguments, Dr or is it proff justlooking?

bring in drug testing for worker's from all job's from the council to garage workers and maybe even our local football teams.

Do you have any idea how much that would cost, given that not only would to have to pay for the tests themselves, you'd have to pay at least two people ( one male, one female ) to spend all day watching people urinate into test tubes ?

Ah, you may need to get with the times, drug tests can be done, with sweat, sputum and hair folicals.

And y should folk in trusted positions not be tested, especially as life or limb could be at stake..

A drugged up lorry driver with 40 tonnes of killing machine, no fun there now.

so any one in a position that may put others in danger should be banned from consumming alchohol for at least 3 days prior to doing said job.

same as smoking having watched folks get irate and lose concentration when they don't get their nicotine fix regularly enough.

tea and coffee the same goes for folks that drink a lot of those 2 substances.

What really annoys me is I'm on the dole and have been hoping to get back into work for the last few months after having a baby and there is people I know fine well who take drugs several times a week getting good jobs with good pay that they'll probably be in for life with the council and here's me struggling, not taking drugs and no job.

and these jobs are supposed to do drugs tests. and these folk are passing the tests. how are they doing that.

i'm not speaking about smoking joints. some folk are taking lines of stuff Coke/speed in the morning before they go into their job just to get through the day

as for local football teams i was speaking to a family member and was shocked to hear that certain teams are the worst

so any one in a position that may put others in danger should be banned from consumming alchohol for at least 3 days prior to doing said job.

I can't decide if you're trying to be controversial or are just dim.

Please advise so I'll know whether or not to give any past or future comments much notice.

the effects of alchohol last for many days after consumption. you may not be drunk 24 hours later but you can certainly be hungover for a few days after a heavy sesh.

I know folks that drink turdloads of coffee and tea and when they dont get their fix they become irritable and lack concentration.

In my line of work you can't just light a fag anytime anywhere, and smokers loose focus when they are in need of nicotine, so I tend to let smokers have twice as many breaks as non smokers, better that than they make a mistake and kill us all.

so MIM does that answer your question

smokers loose focus when they are in need of nicotine, so I tend to let smokers have twice as many breaks as non smokers

You're a facilitator of their habit then in this case? Interesting. Surely, for consistency, you should be advocating that their cigarettes are made as toxic as possible and then deprive them of a regular supply. Let's see how focussed they are then. :shock:

As i have stated before and will no doubt have to again, regulating the strength of smack does not make its use safe or even safer how many folks do we both know that have died through taking prescribed opiates.

yes loads die from fags but it ussually takes many years to have this effect, smack on the other hand kills in minutes

Ok, well how this.... Just for fun: What might happen if tobacco were made illegal?

My guess is that first, there'd be rebellion; angry smokers getting grumpy but, utlimately, many people would quit and the thing declared a success. However, in the background a black market would spring up. People would continue to smoke, but now doing so in secret.

The big problem is that tobacco is bulky and smelly, and difficult to smuggle, so people begin to get their nicotine fix in a more concentrated form. How much easier to smuggle liquid nicotine in phials to be applied to herbal mixtures by the smoker.

So people begin administering their niccotine in secret, in concentrated forms and get used to stronger and stronger hits. Problem is, nicotine is actually quite easy to overdose on. It almost goes without saying that the nicotine in a single cigarette could be fatal if injected, for example.

Of course, burning the stuff would be too smelly, so people would find other ways to administer. And, as the price of nicotine goes up, making the most hit of this expensive substance becomes a priority for the seriously addicted.

Ok... so it's a bit far fetched, but there are strong parallels between these scenarios. Also, don't forget that it is perfectly legal to grow opium poppies in this country and yet, somehow, we're not all ravening drug addled lunactics. :?

Well Pam if you are struggling it seems to be a poor decision to start a family. My mother was a junkie (alcoholic) and all those who met her in her council job have gone out of their way to tell me how much she inspired them,and made them believe in themselves. She made our lives hell at home but she recognised the ability of those that everyone else had given up hope on.

The world would be such a better place without THAT kind of people.

Just because you take any substance, that does not define what you can or cannot do, or the person you are.

Some people take speed BEFORE they go to work?

Some people drink coffee......

Some people smoke cigarettes......

and some drink alcohol

and some wag a finger for they are perfect, and they will inherit the earth (and da cooncil jobs tae)

:shock: