Championship Manager

evian2

I used to play Champ Man alot back in the day whilst I was at Uni. One playing session with me and my flatmate started at about 1pm on a Sunday, stopped briefly for sleep and uni classes at 4am on Monday morning before starting again at about 1pm on Monday and lasting into the wee small hours of Tuesday morning.

Also managed to play a month long network game with 2 mates whilst at Uni. Excellent waste of time!

Haven't played it since the last proper incarnation of Championship Manager however. I think I generally just lost interest in the game, the turning point was during my last career...after taking Wolves from Division 1 to the Premiership (winning the FA Cup on route) and then finishing 2nd in the Premiership I was offered the Man Utd job halfway through the 3rd season which I took. 2 Premiership titles (including a spell of not conceding a goal in 5 months) and a European cup later I wanted a new challenge so I started applying for first and second division jobs, and they kept rejecting me. I think that pushed me over the edge and, aside from a few games on the demo of the first Football Manager, I haven't touched it since.