Blimey - cloak of invisibility

JAStewart

Unfortunately RADAR wont work either 'cause they plan to bend RADAR waves in exactly the same way as 'Light'... so it would be an Invisible, Stealth tank driven by soldiers that cant see 8O

...And can't immediately think of a 'Good' use for this technology... 'cause anyone wo wants to hide something as big as a tank has got to be up to no good anyway!!!!

Sad world in which we live...

Hmmm, I have seen cameras that can detect fire from the effect that heat has on the picture, surely the same technology would work for this.

Actually couldn't you link up some type of remote camera that would send the feed to the tank so the tank could have an arial image of the battle field, then again it still wouldn't be able to tell where it is!

I don't think invisible wind trubines are any more useful then wind turbines

If an invisible wind turbine falls in a turbine farm and no one is there, does it make a sound?

Could be the inception of the 'passive aggressive' battlefield, with whole battalions of invisible tanks sitting still, seeing nothing, doing nothing, but jolly well doing it better than the other side! Cool

Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Are we there yet?... Clunk! We hit something.. umm .. shall we shoot at it? At what? what we hit? it might be one of ours. Ah Hell this isn't going to work!!!

Heat detecters look for infra red light so the same theories would apply... there are temporature detectors but I think those have a much shorter range... for example if I close my eyes I can still feel a bonfire by its heat... but not from half a mile away...

Passive green works the same way... just on minimal light... so we wouldnt see them in the dark either!!!!

Am a believer in Science and Technology... we may not notice if an Invisible Wind Turbine fell over... but I am of the opinion that it would have still made a sound even if there was no one around to hear it... after all I often make random sounds when there is no one around to hear :D

Heat detecters look for infra red light so the same theories would apply... there are temporature detectors but I think those have a much shorter range... for example if I close my eyes I can still feel a bonfire by its heat... but not from half a mile away...

The heat detector I saw actually analysed the picture to recognise the patterns in the light bent by the heat of the air, so I asume if this thing works on the same principle, the refraction patterns around the object would still be there.

Agreed. Lots of oil in Siberia. So technology would need to work in the cold too...

But was actually thinking that it might be harder to spot warm invisible in the desert than maybe warm invisible in the cold... and how would wind affect this... imagine an invisible tank on a windy day covered in wind blown leaves... no theres an image!!!!

• 2 months later...