I recommend

JAStewart

Carolines Capuchin - For What?

http://carolinescapuchin.com/images/forwhat_cover.jpg

Carolines Capuchin are a 4 piece funk/latin (With a bit of jazz) band from Southhampton that I've been listening to since some time last year. They are very relaxing to listen to and they are clearly talented individuals.

www.myspace.com/carolinescapuchin

www.carolinescapuchin.com

Here are some live videos incase you can't be arsed to click a link.

Paragon

Alina

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want a truelly "anit-drugs" message, I would highly recommend "Hurt" by the Nine Inch Nails. It really is gruesomely, and immensely powerful. It makes that last one feel like the neighbours theme.

I would recommend a live version, or the Jonny Cash version, I find the original a bit hard to listen to.

If you want a truelly "anit-drugs" message, I would highly recommend "Hurt" by the Nine Inch Nails. It really is gruesomely, and immensely powerful. It makes that last one feel like the neighbours theme.

I would recommend a live version, or the Jonny Cash version, I find the original a bit hard to listen to.

Seconded. Although I do like NiN's version, Cash really makes it his own. It is almost as though it were written for him.

Reznor said of Cash's version: I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn't mine anymore. (source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurt_(song) )

I never really thought of it as an anti drugs song. Obviously the protagonist does medicate ("The needle tears a hold / The old familiar sting"), but I always thought the the drug bit was a symptom of the characters (or indeed Trent Reznor's) depression rather than it's cause. It's of minor consequence anyway, it's still a great song.

I never really thought of it as an anti drugs song. Obviously the protagonist does medicate ("The needle tears a hold /

The old familiar sting"), but I always thought the the drug bit was a sympotom of the characters (or indeed Trent Rexnor's) depression rather than it's cause. It's of minor consequence anyway, it's still a great song.

I took it to be "the needle tears a hole" etc and a reference to self-harm perhaps.

It is a truly great song. Cash certainly gave it a life of it's own. So powerful!

8O 8O 8O 8O I am seriously worried that you guys are listening to Johnny Cash... (which incidentally I thought was the change out of a condom machine) but other than that.. you CAN'T put the nine inchers and J.C in the same category... 8O 8O

This is a great song for all those that let other peoples views destroy them... and breed hatred... this is what causes wars...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3QCY7PUKoE

:twisted:

8O 8O 8O 8O I am seriously worried that you guys are listening to Johnny Cash... (which incidentally I thought was the change out of a condom machine) but other than that.. you CAN'T put the nine inchers and J.C in the same category... 8O 8O

Very true.

Johnny Cash eclipses them in every way, shape and form.

Johnny Cash is supereb.. I'll admit it wasnt until about 2 years ago that i really took any notice of his music.. but he is oen of the few song writters i am aware of that has a story to tell.

Still no convinced... prefer led zeppelin and the doors to johnny cash, but there again, I do write my own poetry and music so ummm aye... :wink: