I recommend

JAStewart

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure someone wil prove me wrong.. but i dont think you can find a more Emotive song than Johnny cash's version of Hurt

Absolutely! The first time I saw this video was the first time I heard the Jonny Cash version. To say I was broken by the end of it is an understatement from having known the story behind the video and his life!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_qRnxYbMzU

8O 8O 8O 8O I am seriously worried that you guys are listening to Johnny Cash... (which incidentally I thought was the change out of a condom machine) but other than that.. you CAN'T put the nine inchers and J.C in the same category... 8O 8O

Very true.

Johnny Cash eclipses them in every way, shape and form.

Damn right Tomblands!

A true legend.

The American Recordings are all very different but great in their own ways. I was always intrigued by his years in the doldrums, when some of his output was very ropey - I think this would have been a good era for 'walk the line' to have touched on. His meeting with Rick Rubin must be one of the greatest musical alliances to have ever happened.

Im sure someone wil prove me wrong.. but i dont think you can find a more Emotive song than Johnny cash's version of Hurt

I agree with you there!

I must listen to this... ummm johnny ahem cash ... person.. it was way before my time.. I am too young to be listening to that the noo... 8O

No way! You should really get listening to Johnny Cash, he's brilliant, brfore my time too but I love his music. More younger generations are listening to it now as well after the filme Walk the Line. Which too is brilliant.

I really wonder how much Cash/Rubin material there is still to be released. If you are to believe some industry rumours, Rubin has an albums worth of material recorded from sessions with Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer (the Cash/Strummer version of "Redemption Song" was on the Unearthed boxset).

I believe a future planned release from the Cash collection is the concert he did at the Viper Rooms in the mid-90's. It was featured on the BBC documentary that was broadcast not long after JC died. I'm looking forward to that.

I really wonder how much Cash/Rubin material there is still to be released. If you are to believe some industry rumours, Rubin has an albums worth of material recorded from sessions with Johnny Cash and Joe Strummer (the Cash/Strummer version of "Redemption Song" was on the Unearthed boxset).

I believe a future planned release from the Cash collection is the concert he did at the Viper Rooms in the mid-90's. It was featured on the BBC documentary that was broadcast not long after JC died. I'm looking forward to that.

You get all the documentaries on torrentspy :oops: :wink:

I keen.

But the Viper Rooms gig was only briefly mentioned in the documentary, I think it was the point where Cash and Rubin realised there was a whole new generation willing to listen to Cash's back catalogue as well as the American Recordings series.

As far as I am aware, the entire Viper Rooms gig is planned for release sometime in the future.

Tyr- eric the red.

i even found a review for you to read as i couldn't be bothered to write one myself.

from the Faroe Islands. Of course Tyr is the only band I've ever heard from the Faroe Islands, which are located in the North Atlantic between Scotland, Iceland and Norway. Regardless of where they're from, this is still a very good Viking/Folk Metal album.

The lyrics are sung in English, Faroese and Danish. The topics cover Faroese and Norwegian lore, but they also throw in a cover version of the traditional Irish song "The Wild Rover," which comes out of left field but really works.

The songs on the album are flawlessly constructed and very diverse, ranging from slow, dreamy ballads to doom and progressive influenced mid-tempo songs to more intense metal tracks. Heri Joensen has a good voice that is very distinctive, and many of the choruses are layered with numerous background vocals that adds a sense of atmosphere.

If you're a fan of Viking, folk or pagan metal and missed this one the first time around, it's a worthwhile addition to your library.

fromhttp://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/gr/tyrericthered.htm

DarkstarIII;.....Firstly you right off Johnny Cash, by saying this ....

8O 8O 8O 8O I am seriously worried that you guys are listening to Johnny Cash... (which incidentally I thought was the change out of a condom machine) but other than that.. you CAN'T put the nine inchers and J.C in the same category... 8O 8O

:twisted:

Then you say this !!! Like you haven't even heard any of his music !!!!

I must listen to this... ummm johnny ahem cash ... person.. it was way before my time.. I am too young to be listening to that the noo... 8O

Well, I've never even heard of the Nine Inchers or their music, but they really are crap aren't they ? :wink:

DarkstarIII;.....Firstly you right off Johnny Cash, by saying this ....

Then you say this !!! Like you haven't even heard any of his music !!!!

Well, I've never even heard of the Nine Inchers or their music, but they really are crap aren't they ? :wink:

I will admit to not having heard Johnny cash, and if I did, it would be at a wedding or something, and I probably didnt know thats who it was... but since listening to that song "hurt" I got the film, "Walk the line" to watch and am trying to get his album... I did somewhere in the thread admit that I was wrong and that I may be conformed to a wee bit of johnny cash every now and again...

And aye, the Nine Inchers are crap... better with 12" ers :roll: 8O :o :o :o :o :wink: