Clairvoyance/ Second Sight/ Psychics/ Spiritualism

Guest perrie-lipper

And how do we know red is red it could be purple the only reason we think of the colour red when we say red is that is what we been told. Who decided red was going to be red.......

I used to say something to that effect.

However, light is made up of varying wavelengths which are constant. In the back of each of our retinas are "cones" and "rods" affected by these specific wavelengths .. so each of us (unless these retinal areas are damaged or malfunction eg. colour blindness) view the same wavelengths.

So you seeing "red" light means I also see "red" light rather than "green" for instance.

Yes, we are all taught the "names" of these viewable wavelengths ... but we do actually all see the same "colour", per say.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And how do we know red is red it could be purple the only reason we think of the colour red when we say red is that is what we been told. Who decided red was going to be red.......

I used to say something to that effect.

However, light is made up of varying wavelengths which are constant. In the back of each of our retinas are "cones" and "rods" affected by these specific wavelengths .. so each of us (unless these retinal areas are damaged or malfunction eg. colour blindness) view the same wavelengths.

So you seeing "red" light means I also see "red" light rather than "green" for instance.

Yes, we are all taught the "names" of these viewable wavelengths ... but we do actually all see the same "colour", per say.

I know I don't as I'm mostly blind in one eye and also folk that are colour blind might not see some shades at all. :lol:

There is of course "objective" and "subjective" perceptional philosophies re: color theory from Armstrong I think it was!?! All I remember was getting a sore head reading through it, and just about byokin in an exam!

A whole ream of recent investigation into adaptive optics states the cone and rod theory of yesteryear is only partly true. That our brains actually calibrate and adapt to colour differences.

Check it out here

^^ Science Daily is a great read anyway!

• 2 months later...

Just watched a thing on the telly, scientists have just made a groundbreaking discovery. They admit they can't explain it, but through tests they now know that the mind, in some form is still functional after we are clinically dead. And they also said that they find that quite a comforting thought, the same scientists i must add, that have been trying to prove the scientific explanation.

which is nice

8)

I agree with you ewenutz. you have to see to believe. Once I was at an open meeting at the freefield centre , with the glasgow lady you mentionioned in earlier posts , she connected with someone who had deceased relative who was an angry man, she said. And a drinker. While she was talking to the relation a bottle of wine that was with the raffle prizes , in front of the whole audiance , shot forward and landed at the feet of the woman whom the physic was connected with. Even the physic was shocked when this happenend and I can tell you the audience was even more gluffed . There was no false pretences. That bottle shot forward by a force was beyond anyones control.

I was always very sceptical of mediums etc but when I went to an open meeting at freefield one night the medium started to cough and make noises and actions like a very dear friend of mine who had died a year or two before. Nobody else in that room knew him ( she described him and was spot on ) and I knew the things she said to me were absolutely true so now I believe there are people who can connect to something but as long as it doesn't scare the s*** out of me then it's ok.

I suppose my point of view might be a bit biased seeing as I am married to a medium. :)

I have met and seen in action quite a few mediums some exceptional some good and a few who didnt seem like they could be bothered or where in a world of their own.

I have also seen and heard about a few who I thought might be cold reading or quite simply making it up, there are after all con men/women in all walks of life and all professions.

I remember one occassion though when a medium mentioned a name to me during a service (not a usual name that anyone might know someone called by ie jean, jim, mary,bob etc) that meant absolutely nothing to me even though the message they gave did mean something to me.when I phoned round the family afterwards to see if the name meant anything to anyone it turned out to be the name of an aunt that I never knew existed, so if anyone can explain to me how a cold reader could come out with the name and a message that meant something to me even if they where reading me, or how anyone could know more about distant members of my family that I didn't know about myself, then please start explaining.