Clairvoyance/ Second Sight/ Psychics/ Spiritualism

Guest perrie-lipper

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DamnSaxon:

"One couple among them ran a biodynamic farm; not only were the animals treated homoeopathically - and you can't possibly claim that the animals were showing a "placebo effect", they're animals, they don't know what's "supposed" to happen - but also they would plant crops according to the phase of the moon, etc., and yes, their crops, and animals, were all very healthy."

YES, you can have a placebo effect with animals.

There is a very famous experiment in business organisation. An American Factory researched on the impact of light on productivity. It turned out that the more light, the higher productivity. It worked seemingly infinite. Then a clever guy sugested to turn down the light intensity. Funny enough this too worked; the lesser light, the higher productivity.

Traditionally this has been taken as a proof that the increase in productivity had almost nothing to do with light and everything to do with POSITIVE ATTENTION. And I guess that is what placebo is.

I am sure the hoemopathic treatment of the animals worked the same......

I am brought up with scientific and atheistic views. In fact these "alternative" people are a bit ridiculous.

BUT: During a personal crisis, I bought a "journey inside myself". In brief, I had 5 sessions during a week with a media. This media put me in a trance. While in the trance, I had closed eyes but I could hear all the everyday sounds.

In one of these trances, I was in a body of an indian girl in a cave. To make a long story short, the girl drowned in a lake in the cave. She was paralysed by the cold water.

When I "woke" I was chilled to the bone. It lasted days before I felt really warm again.

Now I cannot say I've become a better person due to these experinces. (Well. perhaps that is not quite true as I stopped smoking after a "tour" inside my body). They did not solve any of my problems. I can't find any use for them and I can't hardly ever tell anybody.

Njugle, I too find aboriginals very interesting. It IS a pity those experiments weren't carried further. If nothing else they may have told us about the outlooks of gather/hunters. For instance the aborigins are told to have a quite different look on time and place. "Dream time" f.i.

I've often wondered about how paleolitic humans thought. I've seen many of the French cave paintings and I am enchanted. When you are actually in the caves, you find that the paintings are much, much "deeper" than just drawings.

I wish you hadn't mixed my question with this forum until more people had seen it. It's all a bit technical and waffling towards the end in this forum for me. I'm sure my question will be overlooked as it looks a bit odd stuck in the middle of what you were all talking about.

Not meaning to be a pain, but perhaps it would be better to talk about a private individual such as Mr Watt via Private Message, given that he doesn't advertise his services at all, or charge for them. Privacy and all that. :wink:

Others may disagree with me, just makes me a little uncomfortable. If he were on a stage or advertising in the paper it would be different.

Or if we were talking about antique sellers perhaps, as he does advertise that with a sign at the road-end....

A with everything the yanks have done a lot of research, just type stargate program into google(not the tv show!!) and there is heaps of stuff on what they call remote viewing, is it science or something else? There was certainly something in it or they would not have kept with it for so long.

Lots of books on the subject to so if you get a n ST booktoken from santa theres an idea for spending it.

There are many things no doubt in existance that we don't understand at present eg take todays technology back a couple of hundred years and you'd probably be burned as a witch, whereas we understand it or at least accept it as normal. Things which we cannot imagine now may be common in the not to distant future.

Many people say when are all these changes in computers and technology going to stop, my stock answer is unless some catastrophic event happens the changes/advancements will get more significant anf faster. Will they benifit the average human well thats another story but broadly I think yes.

Ironically, technological efforts have already well advanced into the realm of mind-mapping with a future prospect of being able to record emotions and eventually memories or thoughts from outside the skull....

At which time technological mind readers created by science will disprove the scientific theory that such a thing is impossible. :P

• 1 year later...

Hello. Does anyone remember a psychic/medium called Steven that visited Lerwick around 1989/1990?? I don't know his surname. He probably carried out a public session in Lerwick, but also did some private sessions in Haldane Burgess Cresent. He was from North East England (geordie accent). If anyone has any information or any clues as to how I can find him, please get in touch.

Thank you in advance!

(*** Mod - Merged ***)