Hearts Implosion

Jerry_Dammers

Speaking as a Hibs fan living in Gorgie it's almost like car crash telly at Tynecastle just now. Given the threats to punt the first team for (disagreeing with Romanov) getting scudded by Dunfermline it's remarkable to see that a significant amount of the locals still believe in Vlad. Maybe they think he's the lesser of two evils. Be interesting to see if Hartley, Gordon and Pressley play against Dunfermline on Saturday after today's comments. If he follows through on his threat to play the kids against Celtic next week. you'd assume that every other team in the SPL would have reasonable grounds for complaint against Hearts for sticking out a weakened team.

Anyway, neck on a limb here. but Stephen Pressley will be the next Dundee United (player)/manager. Reckon that today's shown that he's sick of it all with interfering chairmen and realises he's got one last chance to make his mark at the mid-top (local) level as a player. Gordon will move to mid-table Premiership and Hartley will continue his one-man quest to have carnal relations in every car park in North Lanarkshire. If they get through the next couple of league games, it could all go pear shaped at Easter Road in the League Cup. :lol: Still, if he dissolves the club and shunts the remaining asets back to Kaunas, at least they won't have to worry about a possible two year European ban for not paying transfer fees. Every cloud, etc,etc.... :twisted:

And this has all come from the guy who said he was realistically looking at winning the European Cup with Hearts!! The guy is an A grade loony!!To be honest its been coming for a while now, the players can only take so much, how many managers have they played under in the past year including caretaker managers, it must be about 6.

Flats, Flats Glorious Flats!! :D

Speaking as a Hibs fan
oooh, nae luck there chum :wink:
living in Gorgie
now, that's more like it
it's almost like car crash telly at Tynecastle just now. Given the threats to punt the first team for (disagreeing with Romanov) getting scudded by Dunfermline it's remarkable to see that a significant amount of the locals still believe in Vlad.
For many of us, he's the only show in town. A lot of Hearts fans believe that if it weren't for him we'd've been playing at Murrayfield (no sell-out crowds there, I suspect) with most of our decent players being flogged for a pittance as Pieman :twisted: was planning to do.
Maybe they think he's the lesser of two evils. Be interesting to see if Hartley, Gordon and Pressley play against Dunfermline on Saturday after today's comments.
I think they were particularly chosen to relay the message as they're (a) the core of the team and (B) 3 of Vlad's favourites.
If he follows through on his threat to play the kids against Celtic next week. you'd assume that every other team in the SPL would have reasonable grounds for complaint against Hearts for sticking out a weakened team.
Absolutely no chance. Check your history...when Martin O'Squeal played a makeshift side against Kilmarnock a few years ago Killie secured a 1-0 victory to clinch a European place at our expense. The club, rightly, made no complaint as Sellikfootballclub had broken no GFA rules. Maybe bent the moral code a bit, but I'm sure they can live with their consciences.

Anyway, neck on a limb here. but Stephen Pressley will be the next Dundee United (player)/manager. Reckon that today's shown that he's sick of it all with interfering chairmen
Ummm, yeah. Eddie Thomson seems a real hands-off kinda guy :roll:
and realises he's got one last chance to make his mark at the mid-top (local) level as a player. Gordon will move to mid-table Premiership and Hartley will continue his one-man quest to have carnal relations in every car park in North Lanarkshire.
Arsenal for Gordon, and I've no idea what you're on about re Hartley...and don't think i want to know 8O
If they get through the next couple of league games, it could all go pear shaped at Easter Road in the League Cup. :lol:
could??? You're being surprisingly realistic for a Hibby :P
Still, if he dissolves the club and shunts the remaining asets back to Kaunas, at least they won't have to worry about a possible two year European ban for not paying transfer fees. Every cloud, etc,etc.... :twisted:
Unlike Hibs who have their yearly self-imposed European ban when they get dumped out of the Inter-tattie Cup before most teams have started pre-season training. :D

All in all, it's been a hell of a roller coaster ride and I'm sure will continue to be so but hey ...we may be a club in crisis....but wouldn't you like to be second in the league and have the Scottish Cup in your trophy room?

• 2 weeks later...

Not wanting to come on here and gloat about tonight's game, but I honestly can't believe how poor Hearts were. Even after some of the stranger team selections over the last couple of weeks, I honestly thought they'd be sticking out the strongest possible side tonight. The BBC site has Hibs with 81% possession and I'm kinda wondering how we didn't win by more. Pressley and Hartley almost seemed like they'd given up the fight completely at times tonight. There's even rumours going around Edinburgh tonight that Brellier stormed out of Easter Road about half an hour before the game. Maybe he didn't feel that Robbie Neilson was suited to playing as a right-sided attacking midfielder (?) or whatever his position was supposed to be. The next couple of weeks could be really interesting down Gorgie way as the natives are certainly getting restless....

Anyway, as happy as I am right now, tonight's results mean that Killie are probably favourites for the cup and we'll maintain normal cup form by getting pumped by St Johnstone in the semi.

Marooned in Maywick - the glass is now empty!

Flats, flats luxury flats I tell you.

There's been several glasses emptied after last night's spineless, gutless debacle!!!

Desperately trying to find something positive I realised (hoped) that we could surely never play as bad as that again...and the flairmeisters only managed a 1-0.

What's your team, Wheesht? You seem to have plenty to say about the JTs.

Flats?? Yeah,yeah ho ho heard it before...wait and see is my philosophy.

Oh man.

I love the phrase "More dramatic developments at Hearts" when it crops up on the news. It usually means I am about to end myself laughing...again.

So, January transfer window:

Gordon will go to the Premiership, possibly Arsenal. Had it been 6 months further down the line I reckon Man Utd would have been interested.

Hartley will probably go to one of the InFirm. Neilson, stupidly, likely will as well.

Pressley, as much as I dislike him, I wouldn't mind seeing at Pittodrie alongside Anderson in defence.

I rekon Pressley will go back to Rangers, they are crying out for a decent centre back!

Not a chance, Dundee United with Levein.

As for Hearts, you play with the devil you will get burnt!

Everyone said this man would be nothing but trouble. Hearts have sold their soul. He bought their debt from the Bank of Scotland, transfered it to his bank, they pay him, the debt grows, they pay him more, etcetera.

For very short-term gain very many Hearts fans chose, and still do choose, to ignore the obvious signs. Heavens sake, any chairman who ditches a manger when they are sitting at the top of the league, unbeaten and replaces him with a string of numpties has no care nor clue what his action would do to that team.

This very latest debacle with the Scottish players has to be the final straw. Jambo fans should stay away, all they are doing is fueling his fire. As long as they go he will think they are backing him and his actions.

As they say "this week the Hearts manager will mostly be"....another puppet.

I've got quite a few mates who go to Tynecastle regularly and have done for years. Even the ones who were the most loyal "believers" last year are now beginning to turn. As mentioned in earlier posts on this forum, Hearts have sold their souls to Romanov. They probably are still some way away from the state they were in under Robinson (remembering the Cala Homes announcement, etc), but they've brought this on themselves. They took the SMG money at the same time as a number of clubs were drastically cutting costs, Hibs, Aberdeen and the like have all had to go through the pain of lowering wage bills once the Sky money dried up, but Hearts didn't seem to follow this. They spent heavily on the likes of Gordan Petric and Fitzroy Simpson, so they can't claim too much sympathy. Romanov was allegedly turned down by Dunfermline and Dundee United when they were in far bigger financial messes than Hearts were.

As much as their fans will claim it's been a rollercoaster, all he's delivered to the trophy cabinet is a Scottish Cup (following a draw with Gretna and no, I'm not ignoring the semi against us), when the maligned Robinson regime also delivered a Scottish Cup (against a Rangers side which had pretty much dominated the domestic scene for the best part of a decade).

Anyway, to end this note on a positive thought for our maroon chums, once the current Lithuanian manager of the week is returned/removed to Kaunas, there is an international coach available who has delivered a major European championship trophy in the last ten years or so. I say, start the campaign here, Berti Vogts for Hearts.

Romanov was allegedly turned down by Dunfermline and Dundee United when they were in far bigger financial messes than Hearts were.

Not sure if Romanov was involved or not, but a "group of Lithuanian investors" did approach Dundee (in the times after Di Stefano nearly drove the club to the wall) and Dunfermline (shortly after they asked their entire first team squad to take a massive pay cut).

I caught a piece on Radio Scotland this morning about the Romanov debacle. They pointed out that Romanov saw the club as a base for setting up branch of his bank in the UK, which he announced a few months back. It was suggested that if Romanov doesn't make some sort of announcement regarding the opening of this bank in the coming weeks then it could very well be a sign that he isn't going to stick with Hearts for the long term.

As for Hearts, you play with the devil you will get burnt!

Everyone said this man would be nothing but trouble. Hearts have sold their soul. He bought their debt from the Bank of Scotland, transfered it to his bank, they pay him, the debt grows, they pay him more, etcetera.

For very short-term gain very many Hearts fans chose, and still do choose, to ignore the obvious signs. Heavens sake, any chairman who ditches a manger when they are sitting at the top of the league, unbeaten and replaces him with a string of numpties has no care nor clue what his action would do to that team.

I totally agree with what you are saying - the actions/style of Romanov reminds me of Robert Maxwell before he fell(or was he pushed?) off his yacht.