is it better than here?

millicent

i just looked at my front window sill, i have weed killer,chilli pepper,black pepper,paint stripper and oven cleaner. these are my defense.dont you think its crazy or is it just me. in a couple of hours it will be dark and already my hearts pounding.

Have you thought about getting a dog?

thankyou justme, ive given up looking for an exchange. i would feel responsible.i wouldnt wish this place on anyone,unless they are dodgy.

Hi Millicent... welcome to the forums.. I would say tho that maybe you are better moving out of the area that you are in, but still staying on the mainland, it costs a lot of money to move to shetland, and I am in the middle of moving back there....

There are lots of nice quiet places in the UK... have you thought of perthshire... ???? I think that your business would BOOM there...

:D

DarkstarIII wrote

Hi Millicent... welcome to the forums.. I would say tho that maybe you are better moving out of the area that you are in, but still staying on the mainland, it costs a lot of money to move to Shetland, and I am in the middle of moving back there....

The cost of moving to Shetland need not be that expensive. Depends how you move and what you insist on bringing with you. At one end of the scale a rucksack each and traveling by coach and ferry is cheap while bringing the lot via a big removals company will indeed be expensive.

do i believe what iread?

For Immediate Use

12 January 2006

PERTH & KINROSS CRIME RATE STILL TOO HIGH

Mid-Scotland and Fife Tory MSP Murdo Fraser has welcomed a reduction in crime and offences recorded in Perth & Kinross in 2004/05 compared to 2003/04. However, Murdo still believes the figures are far too high and believes the Scottish Executive must take action to help the police forces in Scotland to tackle criminals and stop crime.

Murdo obtained the figures from the Scottish Executive this week after requesting a break down of crime statistics for each local authority. In Perth & Kinross there were 22,019 offences in 2004/05, compared to 23,586 offences in 2003/04, showing a 6.6% drop in crime. However, in 1996/97 there were 11,153 offences in Perth & Kinross, which means the current crime rate is almost double the rate eight years ago, with offences increasing by 97.4% in the last eight years.

The figures for offences are recorded in five groups: Group 1 is ‘Non-sexual crimes of violence’ such as robbery and serious assault; Group 2 is ‘Crimes of Indecency’ such as rape and attempted rape; Group 3 is ‘Crimes of Dishonesty’ such as housebreaking and shoplifting; Group 4 is ‘Fire-raising, vandalism, etc’; and Group 5 is ‘Other crimes’ such as drugs and handling offensive weapons. (see attachment for full break-down of figures)

Commenting, Murdo said:

“I am glad to see that there is a drop in crime in Perth & Kinross this year, with almost one thousand less offences committed in 2004/05 compared to 2003/04. I congratulate Tayside Police in achieving this reduction. They undertake a magnificent job and are dedicated to protecting and helping the people of Perthshire.

“Nevertheless, crime in Perth & Kinross is still too high. Perth & Kinross has just witnessed 22,019 offences in 2004/05. This is compared to 11,153 offences in 1996/97, showing a massive rise over the last eight years.

“The people of Perth & Kinross know that crime has risen and I place the blame firmly on the Scottish Executive. The Executive has not given enough resources to our police forces and this is preventing them from putting more police on our streets. I believe that the police need more resources in order to get the protection and service the people of Perth & Kinross deserve. Also, the amount of bureaucracy being thrown on our police forces is somewhere between excessive to farcical. We must see reductions in red tape in order to let the police do their primary duty of protecting us instead of form-filling.

“The police are very professional and carry out their job with the highest of skill. However, this Executive is not doing enough and action is needed in order to reduce the number of offences in Perth & Kinross.â€

Whilst not wishing to paint some idyllic picture, and taking into account the population differences, it was interesting to note in Malky Younger's new publication i-i Shetland in the Chief Inspector Bell interview that between April and August of this year 70.2% of the 342 crimes reported had been cleared up. Which I suppose leaves 102 crimes still to be cleared up, but compared to national figures we're streets ahead in detection and clearing-up rates - with some thanks to the local communities.

8O Okies I shall hush my mouth then lol...

Perthshire has some of the most gorgeous scenery in scotland lol.. at least they have trees! :D But there again that does give the rapists and murders some place to hide whilst spying in your windows of a friday night... drinking their buckfast and brandishing their chain saw... with a back container of petrol just incase they run out whilst mid mutilation... :roll: hahahahaaha

Really tho... in all seriousness.. most of the mainland you get problems... in most areas... wouldnt it be quite something if EVERYONE decided to move to shetland...???????? How long would it be "safe"...??

Sorry I am being a bit annoying here... but it is worth a thought....

:twisted:

well most of the people are going to spain and europe. theyre leaving in their droves. almost everybody knows somebody whos going to live abroad.

now if i pump my crime reference numbers into the national lottery, do you reckon ill win enough to get out of here?

If i had that much money darn sure i wouldnt be spending it in England

well most of the people are going to spain and europe. theyre leaving in their droves. almost everybody knows somebody whos going to live abroad.

now if i pump my crime reference numbers into the national lottery, do you reckon ill win enough to get out of here?

If i had that much money darn sure i wouldnt be spending it in England

To be honest hunny.... I DONT BLAME YOU! :wink:

our community mental nurse is coming round friday and on 11th november my partner is meeting with the local mp.

I dont care if they do nothing for the estate, i just want to get away and start living again.

thankyou for your support and ill let you know the outcome.oh ill still come back on the site cos im nosey and you lot are nice people.

(wheres the heart icon?)

i dont think there would be a problem if more people moved to the shetlands. as long as each tenant was vetted beforehand.Youd have to be very selective and make sure they were nice people.

Our councils put everyone together eg crack heads next to young families,theres no regulation,we re all lumped together.

we did try to start a mortgage 3years ago but the agents, Barfields,tried to swindle us out of 200quid and they were very nasty about it until i told them i had proof,then they shut up and all i hear from them is a calendar at xmas,what a cheek.oops im rabbiting sorry.

our community mental nurse is coming round friday and on 11th november my partner is meeting with the local mp.

I dont care if they do nothing for the estate, i just want to get away and start living again.

thankyou for your support and ill let you know the outcome.oh ill still come back on the site cos im nosey and you lot are nice people.

(wheres the heart icon?)

Good luck hun x

might have an exchange to brighton. theyre 100per cent positive.

going to look this sunday.

found out we are one of two houses being targeted and the kids came from 3other estates to cause havoc.

just have to grit my teeth, so far so good.

the ringleaders are still wandering around our road.

oh and the community mental nurse is getting a supporting letter together.