Introduce Yourself

Salmon

Just a quick intro. I live in England (Co Durham) and visited Shetland about 10 years ago spending a little time on the Mainland before and after an 8 day stay on Fair Isle. I fell in love with the places and the people, not least as I am a keen birder.

I will be visiting the Mainland again next May with my wife, for a couple of weeks, and intend to tour around some of the other islands. Again, birding will be high on the agenda.

My interests (did I mention that I am a birder?) also include photography and music (listening only, I`m afraid).

I look forward to participating in the forum and getting to know more about the Islands.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piggie said i should introduce myself and since she is my wee sis and i don't want to upset her i thought i would lol!!

I was brought up in Shetland and moved to the mainland for nearly 9 yrs where i had my kids (2boys) only moved back last year but glad i did, apart from anything else my kids just love it!!

Dunno wot else to put lol :D :lol:

well here goes hello everyone yes i'm new to this forum stuff. i dont live on shetlsnd ,never been to shetland and wont be for a while yet. i live in Hull yorkshire miles away from you lot. want to find out what shetlands like and most important what you people are like. me and my wife are full time care'ers for my daughter and a young lady who both have disabilitys . we hope one day to move to shetland were fed up of being surrounded by thousands of people the evils of living on a very large council estate for the past twentyeight years