Spanky Wilson & Quantic Soul Orchestra @ The Arches 6/12

Twerto

http://www.obeseuk.com/qsoflyer.jpg

Mixed Bizness Presents…

Spanky Wilson & the Quantic Soul Orchestra

DJs Boom Monk Ben & Frantic Ant

Wednesday 6th December

The Arches 7.30pm – 11pm

Please note, this is an early show with QSO on stage at 8.30.

£10 advance tickets available from Tickets Scotland, The Arches Box Office and Carbon Music

Funk behemoth Quantic Soul Orchestra rolls into town alongside one of the sweetest voices in soul, Spanky Wilson, on the road to promote their new LP ‘I’m Thankful’, just released on Brighton label Tru Thoughts.

Since soul sensation Spanky Wilson burst onto the scene in the late 60’s she has chramed the funk elite with her sweet, sweet voice and self assured sass, recording some of the biggest dance floor bombs and and softest serenades to be pressed onto 45. A fvourite of traditional funk diggers and hip hop sampling fiends alike, Spanky’s music has found itself revered from each end of the spectrum. Huge hits like her famous cover of ‘Sunshine Of Your Love’ have getting dance floors worldwide in a sweat for almost 4 decades while countless rare gems have been looped up and sampled by many of the world’s hip hop producers.

Will Holland’s Quantic Soul Orchestra have been at the forefront of the funk renaissance for 5 years. Having released 6 albums under his Quantic and Quantic Soul orchestra guises in 6 years proves that he’s no slouch, with demand ensuring a worldwide touring and DJ schedule that sees no end in sight. A fine purveyor of funk, latin, drum and bass and hip hop beats but it’s on stage with his 8 piece orchestra that allows his musical talents to really shine through.

DJ duties come from Boom Monk Ben and Frantic Ant, getting the heads a noddin' and the feet a movin'.

If only I lived in Glasgow :(

WHOOPEY - and they are playing in Edinburgh in the Opal Lounge on Thursday 7th! I'm arriving in Aberdeen that day for xmas shopping but I'm absolutely going down to see this gig. QSO are one of the best live acts I've ever seen. And Spanky Wilson - what can I say

:D

HIGHLY recommend it (not sure about the venue in Edinburgh but what the...........)

YAY!

THANK You so much Twerto for drawing this gig to my attention. I probably would never have known they were even coming to Scotland otherwise. Excellent.

• 5 weeks later...

It was F*bleeping* AMAZING - well worth the trip down.

Spanky was seriously on top form.

The line up of the band has changed a fair bit fae the last time I saw them but they were still tight as *Bleep*. There was no Alice Russel but I guess thats cos our dear Spanky was there.

Audience were fantastic too.

WOW - sorry for anybody who was tempted to come that didn't make it. (There were actually quite a few Shetlanders there)

Now I've got approximately an hour to sort my hangover out before megabussing it back up to the deen

Cheers eenoo

Mhari

WOW That was one funky night!!!

Spanky Wilson was amazing, what a singer, and so were the band :). It was one of the best nights I've been out to in ages.

I couldn't get over the amount of Shetlander's there, I think the Aussie's were outnumbered for once :P

http://www.tru-thoughts.co.uk/?page=records/release.html&id=145

Buy this album!

Well Well Well!!

What a night last night!! Absolutly amazing!!!!!

And for those how missed it ha ha ha ha ha! You missed out on witnessing one of the most beutiful singers that I have heard for a very long time!!! Spanky was fantastic!!

She is also a very clever and fisty woman (you go girl!!)

And as for Quantic well there is no words to descride how completly spot on they were!!

And as a few of you have commented on yes there seemed to be a very high ratio of shetlander's there, which is quite unusual but very hert warming!!

You can alsways tell the shetlander's apart they are the ones who are having a good old boogy and just loving it!!

Hope to see all again in auld reekie boogying away, made me proud!!