Loganair Luggage Charges

Hollian

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were to go down this road i would want people who smoke/drink/eat to much all to pay more national insurance.

while we are at it.. make people that use electricity to watch tv use a computer, cook, have a shower, etc etc pay a carbon tax for all the electricty they waste using these luxary electrical items.

but the main reason being because im a fat git and dont want to have to pay more :P

If we were to go down this road i would want people who smoke/drink/eat to much all to pay more national insurance.

Smokers and drinkers already pay tax on their cigarettes. A tax on junk food has been considered.

while we are at it.. make people that use electricity to watch tv use a computer, cook, have a shower, etc etc pay a carbon tax for all the electricty they waste using these luxary electrical items.

They already do... it's called 'the price of electricity' :P

Smokers and drinkers already pay tax on their cigarettes. A tax on junk food has been considered.

They already do... it's called 'the price of electricity' :P

I pay airport tax to.. whats the difference?

and while you are talking about fat folk, what about pregnant women tho... what if they wanted to go on a plane would they be charged more because:

A) they come under the catagory of carrying excess weight (mostly piss)

B) because they have another person in their belly so that counts as an extra?

LMAO... dont answer I was being facecious! lol

:twisted: :P

I pay airport tax to.. whats the difference?

Lots. It's not really a question of tax - I just mention that because you brought up the cigarettes and this is how smokers do contribute more to compensate. But it is beside the point.

Technically more fuel is being used to lift a heavier person, it's just a matter of fact.

Reverse the argument... all pay the same price, why should a smaller person be allowed to carry less weight? My children hardly contribute any to the weight of a flight, yet cost the same; why can't I carry their spare weight in extra luggage? ;)

ok look at it this way..

is it fair that someone who has grown to say 6'2 and is his/her natural weight for his height.. pays more than someone who is 5'2 and his/her natural weight.

both things that neither of them can control.. but one is going to be punished for something that is in his/her genes.

ok look at it this way..

You do have a point. Problem is... however fair it is, the heavier person still requires more fuel to lift. There's no getting around the fact. You can be as PC about it all as you like but the laws of physics will not be negotiated with.

Since the issue the plane company is citing here is weight then it stands to reason that a smaller person is already paying more per KG for their transport than a heavy person. Is that fair?