Divorce - help!!!

bambi

Finally gotten through bumph today on impending divorce :D

But having never done this before not sure what to do now.

The former Mr Bambi :evil: filed for it so I got through the first stage papers today.

I'm guessing I need to find a Solicitor as there are bambinos involved.

He is with Gus Macaulay at Inksters, who I've heard is really good.

Damnandblast.

Do any divorcees have any recommendations for a good family law solicitor up here?

Do you really need solicitors? You will just make them rich and most of them have more than enough already.

ex-Mrs BigMouth and I just decided to be grown up and sensible about it and not line the solicitors pockets. We split everything except my son. We couldn't agree on where he should go, neither of us wanted him (only joking), but being a man I knew that the courts discriminate in favour of women so it would be pointless going that route. She got custody and I saw him at the weekends.

Despite all of the angst ex-Mrs BigMouth and I are still talking to this day, 13 years after.

Hello Bambi,

I can't give you an advice, how to find a solicitor for your case. I can tell you just about my own "history".

In general I would agree with BigMouth - amongst somehow "educated" or "civilized" folks it should be possible to find a way to keep all these "moneymakers" away. Ex-Mrs Islandhopper and me are not only "still speaking", but we are probably something like "best friends" - well, the whole turd happened 15 years ago and after some 20 years of being together and there were no kids involved.

As I see it from your post Mr Bambi has already optioned for a solicitor and thus (not to cover your interest but simply to cover the interests of the bambinos) I don't see any other chance than to respond on the same level.

good luck