Clickimin Fireworks postponed

nautim

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be the hair in yer soup but here what the geezer from Fair Isle http://www.northisles-weather.co.uk/ says... :(

FRIDAY 10th: Cloud thickening as SW’ly winds strengthen F6-7, locally gale F8, with rain – heavy at times – spreading to all areas by mid to late morning. The rain, heavy at times, is likely to persist through the afternoon before brighter conditions with showers spread from the west during the evening. With the clearer conditions the strong to gale SW’ly wind will veer WSW’ly and ease F5 for a time. Winds veering NW’ly and increasing F6 to gale F8 soon after midnight.

Swell – NW’ly rough at 3 metres.

SATURDAY 11th: A cold day with showers, heavy and wintry at times, and a F6 to gale F8 NW’ly wind.

I hope its on. I love fireworks me. One of those things you never grow out of. Maybe its my Burra descendancy...

The yellow vests have to be handed back (sorry...)

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed for reasonable nights, it's not much fun if we have to set up then unrig. If it rains I can do a good impersonation of the Michelin man with my multiple layers of teeshirts, jumper, jacket, boilersuit, oilskins etc.

Funny you should say about the Burra connection - I'm half Burra...

There were some fireworks near here last night - great to be able to watch them for once.

The fireworks at Sandwick tonight at 7pm are postponed again till next week as are the Clickimin fireworks tomorrow.

Apologies to anyone who was planning to come tomorrow, but the forecast is too windy again, if only it was like last night.

We are looking at whether next week is an option. I'll post up any decisions as I know them

Yet again the fireworks have been postponed due to the forecast this weekend.

The plan is to look at the weather for the weekend of the 25th (November not December :lol: ) and see if it's ok.

If that's no use I'm not sure what the plan will be. It's annoying because we had a competition for primary children to design a 'Be safe with fireworks' poster, with the winners setting off the show, and the poor children were really excited about it.

Yet again the fireworks have been postponed due to the forecast this weekend.

The plan is to look at the weather for the weekend of the 25th (November not December :lol: ) and see if it's ok.

If that's no use I'm not sure what the plan will be. It's annoying because we had a competition for primary children to design a 'Be safe with fireworks' poster, with the winners setting off the show, and the poor children were really excited about it.

You could have it in the summer... :wink: