WHAT'S ON IN SHETLAND THIS XMAS?

Guest perrie-lipper

Guest perrie-lipper

I am trying to pre-plan the diary for xmas, and have some friends coming up from the mainland for xmas and New Year, are there any good venues worth going too?

Is the Wise Monkeys playing onywhere? I have been to a few nights where they have preformed and it’s always a good night, is there anything else on that may be worth considering?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest perrie-lipper

Cheers fir da link, looks like it could be a good laugh, if the north star got a vote as best night in 15 years when they played thay must be good.

I suppose with the right crowd going the star can be a good laugh, havna been there in yonks.....saying that I remember that first time in the North star...1986... :oops: getting on a bit noo.... :wink:

hehe.. yeah to be honest that what made the night for me.. usually the n* is more fo a meat market ( nothing wrong with that in soem ways but ... ) but this night it felt liek everyoen was there for the music.. a feeling i had only really ever felt south or in the days of the jubilee ( ice factory )

Guest perrie-lipper

U R right there, I remember the Jubilee and the Ice Factory only too well, what a laugh, don’t think those days will ever happen again.

God bless Dennis-that most famous quote ever, “tell you what, you can get in for free, but it will cost you a tenner to leave"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am trying to pre-plan the diary for xmas, and have some friends coming up from the mainland for xmas and New Year, are there any good venues worth going too?

Is the Wise Monkeys playing onywhere? I have been to a few nights where they have preformed and it’s always a good night, is there anything else on that may be worth considering?

Ummm I could streak along the seafront naked! lol... ok I will wear a santa hat... :roll: hahahahaha...

I was wondering the same thing peerie, so glad that you came oot wi it before me...

:twisted:

Guest perrie-lipper
Shetland Sound Collective at Flints on the 28th December. Acoustic music from Shetland's best guaranteed. Line up to be confirmed though I hope to get a varied bunch to play.

Sounds good, if you find out the line up, can you post it on here please, may be something they would like, thanx.