WHAT'S ON IN SHETLAND THIS XMAS?

Guest perrie-lipper

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More to the point, what's on this New Year? Last few years I've somehow found myself in the wheel bar with mates, then the cross, then the wheel bar then some random party.

I think i went and saw The Peatles at the legion 04/05 new year, but we bailed and went to da cross for the bells. Sadly we never made it in time and wound up taking in New Year just outside sportswise, which was...different.

PS - Is 29 to auld for da cross? I'm thinking yes.. in fact I've bee too old for it for the last 12 years., but somehow i still end up there...

PS - Is 29 to auld for da cross? I'm thinking yes.. in fact I've bee too old for it for the last 12 years., but somehow i still end up there...

I would say no. Tradition lives on by showing the young un's how the tricks of the trade are passed on. If you were a joiner for instance you wouldn't tell the apprentice to go and build a boat, you would show him/her how to do it. In the same way, all the oldies should head to the Cross to show the young uns how to get pished properly.

Saying that I probably won't be there! :wink:

Mr Scruff - thats a good one, I have a couple of his albums.

I sometimes think New Year is best spent at home, or at a house party of some kind, theres always a lot of pressure to "have a great time" always ends up being 11.45pm and nobody still knows where to go!!