Lost - This thread may contain spoilers!!

trout

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'd agree with you there. The whole season has been an anti-climax compared to season 1. It only really picked up for me when Michael reappeared.

Apparently a fair bit of next season is going to focus on The Others and how they came to be on the island. It could be quite interesting as "Henry" hinted at there being a 3rd group on the Island (possibly the Dharma lot?).

And the scheduling is going to be slightly less annoying that this season. There will be 6 episodes, then a mini-cliffhanger followed by a 12 week break before the rest of the series is run with no further breaks.

The first series was a rollercoaster - but see this one .. lord .. half the episodes were just dire!

They were, as far as was understood to begin with, making two series and that was that. Though you can see what an obvious money spinner it was going to be .. and by episode 7 of this second series it was absolutly clear that this was going to turn into another X Files money making scheme and watery peeish stories to pad it all out!

I would say that less than half of the episodes were in tune with the first series.

Like what happened to the crazed polar bears and the black mist that "nobody" dared go into the forest for fear of not coming back because of!?!??? That got dropped for watery stories on peoples pasts that really weren't any more than padding elements!

The third series is going to be interesting for sure .. as the last five episodes began to pick up the pace again.... we'll see though?!

Buckle in, there is 6 seasons confirmed.
8O

6!!!!???

Holy crapola, i feel i have suddenly lost interest. If i have to wait six seasons to find out the absurd reason why there was a polar bear in the jungle, i just don't care anymore. Season two reeks of 'spin-out' enough already (on telly, not net) :(

next i'll be hearing that there is a special episode where the big brother housemates appear through a stargate.......hmm, that might be better than what i've seen so far.... :? :P

Season two reeks of 'spin-out' enough already

Absolutely agree ... episodes 2 through 11 were fairly dire .. and the thing only got going come episode 18 odd in my opinion! Utter sell out from the amazing fast paced first series! :evil:

I can see padded storylines that don't tie in with the plot - and will most likely have glaring storyline mistakes that will mire the whole thing!

This is what usually happens with these sorts of things .. look at any American TV Corp series' that are beginning to make money!!

JAS .. give a link to where you "know" they are making "6" series please!

JAS .. give a link to where you "know" they are making "6" series please!

Hmm I can't seem to find where I found it. Anyway I remember reading an article that interviewedthe character Michael, and he said that he would not be in season 3, but would be starring again in season 4.

The creators said at the start of season 1 that they had 6 or 7 series of material planned out. The problem they will have, if they keep the same timeline of 1 series = 1 month is that the actors will age, particularly Walt who looked significantly older when he reappeared at the end of this series.

Harold Perrineau, who plays Michael, has said himself he doesn't know if he is going be in season 3, let alone season 4 and so on. The article was on DigitalSpy a week or so back.

As for the "black smoke" storyline being dropped. JJ Abrams said in his end of series podcast that we hadn't seen the smoke since Eko stared it out, but we have seen it in another form since then. The smoke storyline will get a conclusion at some point.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Am I just stupid (probably) and did anyone who watched Lost on Tuesday understand it? Or is everyone like me and end up looking like you had just sat a test on brain surgery?

Don't suppose anyone knows whats going on?

I too saw it Jimsie. The double episode series finale was the most attractive prospect out of this series since it started and thought there will finally be some sense to all this......wrong!

If they ever manage (in the next series) to actually, logically tie all this together to my satisfaction i will eat a whole packet of Jacob's Cream Crackers in one sitting with no drinks!

I'm sick of it, i'll not watch anything but the series three finale. :wink:

I too saw it Jimsie. The double episode series finale was the most attractive prospect out of this series since it started and thought there will finally be some sense to all this......wrong!

Thats what I thought for series 1 but I wasn't that daft this time. The tension and mystery is what makes to show, it won't end until the show does.

If they ever manage (in the next series) to actually, logically tie all this together to my satisfaction i will eat a whole packet of Jacob's Cream Crackers in one sitting with no drinks!

I'm sick of it, i'll not watch anything but the series three finale. :wink:

I too have heard that they always planned 5/6 series and that the answers to the big mysteries (polar bears, monsters, black smoke, numbers etc) were known by the writers from the start.

What do you want to know Jimsie? I saw that ending coming a mile off, why else would they introduce 2 brand new characters right at the end of the series?

Next Wed for series 3 eh? superb! I ain't watchin hour by hour this time.