Is it in any(waySafe) to park at your local supermarket

Rasmie

Just had some twat in a Disco leave a huge dent in my car door while I was in Somefields. If only I had caught him/her.

Is there any way we can educate people in their Chelsea Tractors to be more considerate of us lesser beings who drive small vulnerable cars?

For those of us that WALK to the supermarket, the crashing of cars is all part of the entertainment.

Seriously, I feel your pain. They need to come out in the morning and find that someone has trashed their car right outside of their house. Someone saw it - put an ad in the paper asking for witnesses.

Just had some twat in a Disco leave a huge dent in my car door while I was in Somefields.

Can you remember the registration? Or the colour?

N0R1H 5TAR - Purple with strange lilac speed stripes

(I'm sorry about that but I scanned over "Disco leave a huge dent in my car" and thought, bloody North star and it's reverse parking. Do they still call it a disco in the Shetland Times?)

crofter wrote

Unfortunately I didn't get the number (or I would asked the bobbies for help) but it was a dark blue.

Next time I will note down the numbers of cars either side of me, and I certainly wont park near the North Star unless desperate for a kebab.

crofter wrote

Unfortunately I didn't get the number (or I would asked the bobbies for help) but it was a dark blue.

Next time I will note down the numbers of cars either side of me, and I certainly wont park near the North Star unless desperate for a kebab.

I would report it anyway. You never know when plod might spot a car with a your car colour paint on it.

Shetland is a small place. Just how many blue discos can there be?

• 1 month later...
No one, but no one takes on a Landrover...... unless they are very silly!

I used to drive a tank and whenever there was an artic truck coming towards me I used to edge into the side of the road. My instructor told me to stop doing it. He told me that they would move for me. He was absolutely right! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I hate parking in the somerfield car park... folks just park their car any way, and not always in the bays ... which means that I have to park the car skew wiff... so I end up parking at the far end of the car park away from all the other cars... the worst thing that can happen to it is on a windae day is one o the lamp posts landing on top o it!