Worst Fit of the Giggles

PoolHaddock

What's the worst or the most embarrassing fit of the giggles you've ever had?

Mine was definitely during my manual handling course out at Train Shetland. The woman had just handed out a slightly dodgy looking diagram of a man holding boxes in various positions. As if that wasn't bad enough, I looked over to the guy next to me, who was in his mid 30's, to find he had drawn a hat with a flower in it and a pair of flares on his man. I had drawn something on my guy too, which the guy next to me noticed. That was when the giggling started.

I simmered away fir aboot 10 minutes, with the guy next to me doing the same. Everyone else was taking the course very seriously, and the poor woman was trying to get through a PowerPoint presentation. After a few near misses, the guy next to me just errupted. It was the loudest laugh I have ever heard. I immediately started laughing, but trying not to at the same time. It was soooo painful.

After about 1 minute of uncontrolable laughter, I managed to compose myself enough to blurt out something to the tune of - "I'm *tee hee hee* really sorry.... *ccchhhhhhssshhhee heeee heee*.... we're just laughing at a joke we heard earlier....." which, of course, set us off again.

As if that wasn't all bad enough, my boss, who was putting us through the course, was there too.

in the dunrossness kirk at a wedding with my best mate standing next to me. she is an exceptionally good singer, and there was a wife somewhere behind us who could no more hold a tune than I can. My mate started to sing in the same dodgy key as this woman, then went an octave higher, but still out of tune... I was at that awful stage of trying so hard not to laugh I was crying silent tears. Then I caught best mate's eye, and that was it, gone... Only redeeming feature was that best mate, her man and my man all started too, so everyone just thought we were weird!

Oh my days.

4th of Uni, one of the guys in the class announces "I've got an email that has a picture of a ghost in it apparently". It was one of those "stare at this and see if you notice anything" but after 10-15 seconds, the image changes to a scary face or such like and there is a loud scream...all very good.

Anyway, he hadn't seen this before, me and the other guy in the room have. So he opens the pic and goes "I don't see anything", whilst the other guy was telling him to look really closely, I managed to switch on his speakers and turn the volume right.

The scream came. He jumped and kicked his chair back at the same time. Shouted obscenities. Knocked his litre bottle of coke off the desk which proceeded to, pretty much, explode over the floor.

Me and the other guy were helpless for about 5 minutes. I thought I was going to die.

A more recent one was in a demonstration for a new system at work. Whilst talking about system dumps, the guy said "Now, it's good practice to take a dump first thing in the morning, and last thing before you leave at night". I almost wet myself.

"it's good practice to take a dump first thing in the morning, and last thing before you leave at night"
:lol:

Reminds me of 4th year physics at the Anderson.

Auld Gary "ticker" Williamson was in a foul mood as he demonstrated an oscillating device as part of the 'waves' chapter of the curriculum.

He'd just given some "impudent boy" a real rollocking, so the mood was pretty tense.

He gathers us all around the main bench to demonstrate said "device".

It was this ridiculous metal thing, like a steel salt shaker with propeller-like blades coming out of it. he switched it on and the middle part started to move ridiculously up and down.

It was absurd, but he was talking about it so seriously - you just knew he was in no mood for frivolity.

I started to grin involuntarily. I accidentally catch a mates eye and see that he's clearly struggling to contain his smirk. I bite the side of my cheek and it seems to work until Mr Williamson observes:

"As you can see, it behaves in this manner - which is why we call it a vibrator..."

Jesus wept.

I was a 15 year old boy, trying my best not to pee myself laughing and here's Garry Ticker talking about vibrators!

I had to leave the room, kidding on that I desperately needed the toilet, which wasn't far form the truth.

Among Willamson's other gems which set our class uncomfortably sniggering were:

"The conclusion should be a few short sandwitches about what you did in the experiment."

and, whilst discussing hot-air balloons:

"In order to rise, you drop the handbags over the side."

PoolHaddock explaining to me in a pub here in aberdeen about how he went mouth to proboskis with a fly to try and save its life.

me and this chick must've laughed for about 10 minutes.

Also at this joke:

'A horse walks into a bar and the barman goes 'Why the long face?'

and the horse replies 'I have AIDS'.'

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was walking along the road... going to a friends house.. wearing nothing out of the ordinary, pair of jeans and a t-shirt.. and this guy who obviously had a new car kept looking at me... I tried to ignore him and kept walking but its like trying not to look at a car crash.. you cant help but glance every now and again... well...

When I turned .... at that point.. I heard an almighty crunch... the guy had been that busy pervin at me, that he had driven right into a streetlamp and bent the front of his car in... well it was a good job that I was turning the corner... because I was IN BITS... I had to lean against the wall and I couldna breathe for laughing.. I know it sounds terrible.. and he was obviously unhurt because he wasnt driving that fast.. but talk about hilarious.. wonder how he explained that one away to the wife!!!!! :twisted:

Travelling in the back of an Army truck in Germany (ah the days of being transported like cattle). I knew the road and knew that we were coming towards two tight bends in a small town. When we hit the first one we were going too fast but somehow the driver made it around the bend. I knew that we had to brake to make the second tighter bend, but the young driver wasn't going to bother thinking that he could make it. The only thing that stopped us tipping over in the truck was the fact that we drove over the front of a German's car waiting at a side turning on the apex of the bend. The driver stopped 100 yards up the road and the German was still sat in the car. The front corner of the car was flattened with a wheel flat on the ground. The driver sat in the car looking agog at the scene of carnage. She was an old woman and as much as I tried not to laugh, I just couldn't help it. This started off the rest of the lads in the back of the trucks. The local German bystanders were not impressed at all with the obvious mirth from the back of the truck.

in the dunrossness kirk at a wedding with my best mate standing next to me. she is an exceptionally good singer, and there was a wife somewhere behind us who could no more hold a tune than I can. My mate started to sing in the same dodgy key as this woman, then went an octave higher, but still out of tune... I was at that awful stage of trying so hard not to laugh I was crying silent tears. Then I caught best mate's eye, and that was it, gone... Only redeeming feature was that best mate, her man and my man all started too, so everyone just thought we were weird!

Kirks are always terrible for making folk giggle. I was at the big kirk for a christening and we were singing away to All Things Bright and Beautiful which was going well until the purple headed mountain bit came along one of the guys started giggling, then another but at the same time trying really hard not too which was even funnier it was terrible. We were trying our best not to but couldn't which just made it worse.