Climate Change & Global Warming

Atomic

How important is Global Warming to you in the Grand Scheme of Things?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How important is Global Warming to you in the Grand Scheme of Things?

• Give me a break, I've enough on my plate
    • I suppose there's something in it, but it's for the Politicians/Corporations/Those in power to sort out
    • Yes I think it is important and I try to do my bit.
    • If we don't stop it, the Planet dies in a few years, it's as simple as that.
    • I think it is all hype and not half as bad as they make out
    • I don't know what to think

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...

While reading several of the recent Shetland News letters I have been quite puzzled by the use of a particular term by contributors on both sides of the main issue, namely anthropomorphic. This struck me as being a quite incorrect choice, yet I see that it is indeed being widely used in the context of climate change.

Surely the correct word to use for climate change due to the activities of mankind is anthropogenic, or else artificial or even man-made? My understanding of the term anthropomorphic is that it should be used to indicate the attribution of human likeness and behaviour to animals or inanimate objects, such as Disney mice, white bearded gods, SpongeBob etc. An accurate example of an anthropomorphic climatic representation might be a picture on an old map of a cloud with a face puffing wind.

Anyone know where the use of anthropomorphic for climate change came from, and if it is being used by the more respected members of either camp?

NASA admit previous climate models were seriously flawed :D

Plenty of Time guys.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/12/08/new_model_doubled_co2_sub_2_degrees_warming/[/url

AT just wonderin what you thought of this article? Does it not worry you that the "evidence" you use has been admitted to be incredibly flawed?

Just another case of sloppy reporting I'm afraid...