Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

Is that not a bit unfair on those thistle players?! I'm sure if u took 10 players from some o the other squads im sure the same could be applied, some senior teams probably have even more unfit culprits!

In fact can u not find most o da senior league players scooping up at the weekends? County players included! 8O

cheers stoichkov good point, if u go to the thule on a sat night then more often than not u will find leighton and half the delting team there scooping up the drink!

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this season could be interesting with Delting and Whalsay at the top by a mile.

Celtic and Whitdale next followed by a pack of Spurs,Thistle,Unst and Burra in any order.

Thistle look the weakest of the town teams.

Yell will be bottom but other teams will take points off each other.Yell may cause a cup upset at home.

I will be surprised if Yell finish the season, but that could also happen to other clubs.

celtic always struggle at start of season because the fact their team is so young, half their team are away at uni and miss maybe first 4 games. this was a problem thistle had in recent years and have actually suffered with as a result as many players have stayed south - tony kerr, david mcbain, chris carter, graeme gibson, paul leask, thomas buchan, andrew gifford, neil edwards and more recently neil riddell and andrew miller.

this is a problem celtic could have in 2 years time if their young players get jobs south.

celtic always struggle at start of season because the fact their team is so young, half their team are away at uni and miss maybe first 4 games. this was a problem thistle had in recent years and have actually suffered with as a result as many players have stayed south - tony kerr, david mcbain, chris carter, graeme gibson, paul leask, thomas buchan, andrew gifford, neil edwards and more recently neil riddell and andrew miller.

this is a problem celtic could have in 2 years time if their young players get jobs south.

It's a problem Yell suffer severely from - Two of our better players moved south for work a couple of years ago, and this year four of our most experienced players will be at uni until June, possibly missing 5, 6 or 7 games.

This trend is set to continue though, and it's hardly suprising. With more and more Shetlanders completing univeristy degrees coupled with hardly any professional job opportunities relevant to their qualifications, more and more of Shetland's youth is going to leave for the mainland. Teams with players in Shetland for the long haul are more likely to succeed from now on until Shetland can accomodate more university graduates, which they clearly can't.

It's a problem in the bigger context but it does have an effect on bringing youngsters into the senior team.

I have heard that Spurs B might be playing in the Works League under a different name.

I hope not as this will ruin it for the real Works League clubs,just another team playing in the wrong league.

The works League is supposed to be for old players and real works league teams based on work places.

I hope everyone who voted for the new leagues are happy with what they have done?

I understand why have done it but they should think about the Badminton.

They tried it ,had some success for a few players,but how many players play in the Shetland leagues now compared with when they started the changes?

This will only get worse for football with more players dropping out in to the Works league or dropping out all together.

Most players play sport in Shetland for fun,no body gets paid for sport in Shetland.

The works League is supposed to be for old players and real works league teams based on work places.

Good point. Then why is it then that the Works League have done nothing to stem the tide of young talented footballers playing in the league?

You reap what you sew.

The so called "people of the SFA" who like to think that they "rule" the football set up in the peerie isles dont have a clue. I say that it be the players that should say what should be what...

All these people on shetlink complain but never do anything about it.

So I say stand up be acounted for don't let the dictators of the SFA lower you to such standards the Nazis

we as shetlanders have a devine right to be better, yes better than the commoners and huns

Don't be scared to stand up, you will not be slaughtered like cows, you will be celebrated like the gods you can be if you stand up...[/u][/b]