Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I note that Unst beat Ness 4-0 in a friendly at Brae yesterday.

The Unst management must be doing something right.

I wonder what the team from Mid Bog thinks about that.

Looks like Unst's first league game of the season against Mid Bog on 21st April, at Baltasound could be a cracker!

Stand Free....................................

"Mid Bog".

That is comedic gold! How old are you?

So is that a confirmed first date/game of the season? When were the fixtures announced?

P.S. Please stop ripping off an Aberdeen FC song!

Friday, 20th April

Celtic v Scalloway

Whitedale v Burra Strom

Whalsay v Spurs Harbison Park

Ness v Thistle

Saturday, 21st April Premier League Unst v Yell Baltasound

i got e-mailed them over weekend.

A draft copy of the fixtures shedule is available and has been distributed by the SFA fixtures Secretary prior to the April Meeting.

Yes, Unst v Yell is the first fixture of the season for both clubs on that draft. There are a couple of minor errors which I am sure the fixtures secretary will be made aware of.

Unst appear to be preparing well for the season ahead, management team in place, successful freindly result and signing additional players.

The match against Ness was played well by both sides considering the poor weather conditions. I beleive Unst were the better side on the night but both teams have players to come back.

For a successful season Unst, Yell, Ness and Burra need everyone available and play aswell as possible. After saturdays freindly I don't fear for Unst or Ness but fear Yell may struggle over the season. I beleive they were hammered 10-0 by a second string whitedale?

You sound very down hearted Spence7. I "fear" Baxter may have worn you down to submission.

I don't want anyone, including Yell, to fail to fulfill their fixtures. My heart is warm enough thanks very much.

I was merely making an observation which has also been made by other clubs. Unst and Ness may take a few beatings this season but I have hope that they may complete the season to a reasonable standard. I think Parish Cup sides may find it difficult to play both Senior and U21's as their are too many fixtures. If we actually win a Cup game it will be worse. The U18's will have to play 3 games a week early season if the smaller clubs are going to compete. Or play poorer sides and leave them out. Its a dilema for managers but talented youngsters are no use injured.

P.S. Please stop ripping off an Aberdeen FC song!

Do Yell have any songs? If they do, i would be almost certain they are not originals.

But... Considering you never appear together as a team, you probably don't have any songs.

... Cos we are the famous Unst FC!!!...

Two original songs immediately spring to mind, but alas they are somewhat "unrepeatable" on here... Must be weird for all the Rangers and Celtic fans from Unst to sing an Aberdeen song all the time?

I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to have "submit" to; utterly pointless name-calling and spectacularly poor nicknames don't have much effect I'm afraid.

Thanks for your answer to that question VictorandJack.

nufsta - I wish your forum posts were as useful and as reasoned as the PMs you've sent.