Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burra have pulled oot because they are missin alot o players.

Whitedale have not pulled oot we are playing celtic on friday on da brae astroturf.

an yes it has been a bit o a shambles, should have been organised alot earlier or not been played atall dis year.

will this be a sign of things to come for the season,= :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Is their a lack of players, commitment, time or judgement in shetland these days

I would imagine next seasons Highland Fuels Cup will be better thought out!

Maybe a competition running from early February till beginning of April with small groups (max 5 teams) giving all who wish to be involved the chance of 3 or 4 organised games, fitting them in over an 8 week period (maybe it's easier said than done?) before the semi's/final.

Mind you, I think some of the teams deserve a bit of credit for managing to play their games given the notice and travelling involved, especially Yell (who have taken a bit of a pasting on this forum page) for travelling to Whalsay at a couple of days notice to play Delting!

Roll on the season, i think it'll be one of the most exciting for years :D

Could it be something to do with the grass not getting the chance to repair itself if it gets damaged over the winter? Short growing season etc.?

I'm sure I've heard that excuse trundled out on occasion.

Still, the rugby club seem to manage to play on average one game a fortnight on the rugby pitch without too much harm, though that grass is left slightly longer for playing.

I'm nae girse expert, though!!

Not so sure about an earlier starting Highland Fuels Bogle. Playing against Yell on Monday night was a bit of a farce due to the high winds. Unfortunately artificial pitches are about as much use as real ones when high winds are involved, maybe even worse.

I've always wondered why we don't play till later on through the year. The pitches are still in good condition when the season stops. I might be wrong but surely it would help avoid the rush to get fixtures played at the end of the season if we had pitches available for longer.

Would be good to play on later in the year but even for another month we would all need floodlight facilities on our parks!

As for the wind, is it any better in October than it is in April?

Flood lights needn't be the answers as games could be played on saturdays and sundays depending on suitability and availabilty. The weather forecast could be considered in advance and anyway as long as its not extreme conditions a grain o wind won't harm you (so toughen up), in fact it could result in the cup being exciting and fair as the more footballing advanced teams will have to play in more difficult conditons. It wont mean bony fitball but excitement and a few "giant killings" could be in store. :oops: 8O

It probably wont happen but it could be amusing and competitive, a nice way to start the season in my opinion, like frienly tournaments seen in pre season professional football, ie the amsterdam tournament.

:!: :!:

Mind you, I think some of the teams deserve a bit of credit for managing to play their games given the notice and travelling involved, especially Yell (who have taken a bit of a pasting on this forum page) for travelling to Whalsay at a couple of days notice to play Delting!

Praise for Yell? My how things have changed since the last time I was on this forum. Even Baxter seems to be on the verge of completing a coherent sentence...

Regarding the (already apparent) fixture difficulties, I'm with flawsey4 on this one. I can't see why the season can't go on longer rather than start so early, and not just because of high winds. Games needn't be played on Friday/Monday nights when the days get shorter, but could be organised for Saturday/Sunday afternoons, with 2pm or 3pm kick offs.

Praise for Yell? My how things have changed since the last time I was on this forum. Even Baxter seems to be on the verge of completing a coherent sentence...

Regarding the (already apparent) fixture difficulties, I'm with flawsey4 on this one. I can't see why the season can't go on longer rather than start so early, and not just because of high winds. Games needn't be played on Friday/Monday nights when the days get shorter, but could be organised for Saturday/Sunday afternoons, with 2pm or 3pm kick offs.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8O 8O :twisted: :twisted: 8) 8) :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

WELCOME BACK

spencey7 returns, I thought you were scared away, FOREVER, . Unbelievable as it is spencey, we may agree on something, (how things have changed). Games could be played later in the year on weekends, however i feel that earlier in the year may be a better option (slight opinion difference).

Will yell bashing return?? :wink:

I predict that the game will certainly be much more tightly contested than some seem to think on this thread!

Yell will be extremely fired up for the encounter as always, they won't have just ignored the slagging they are receiving on this forum.

My guess is 4-1 to Unst. It may be tight for long spells and i think Unst may edge ahead and nick a few goals at the end when their fitness provails.

NO easy games for Unst this year

well you cant really tell what the score will be. In there last few friendlies Yell have done well. And then unst will be hopin for a good start to the season so they can put the pressure on the delts. My prediction is 5-2 to unst with 3 sendings off 2 for yell and 1 for unst.

any bets on who will get sent off?

my bets are unst the two managers might be sent to the stands after a brawl for all. well make that 2 saunderesses that will get sent off (darren will also be sent to the stand after the fight when he dives in to rescue john from the clutches of the unst manager).

But enough make believe, who is the ref ( is it interm john)

No offence ment