Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

As far as I was aware there is no option to "step down" if your club has just one team then that team plays in the top division, so if you finish bottom then thats it there is no we'll trot off to the b's next year?

The Assiociation may have to deal with that another year but lets face it Ness United, Yell, Burra and Unst are almost in the same boat. A league within a league, just like most football leagues.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I was aware there is no option to "step down" if your club has just one team then that team plays in the top division, so if you finish bottom then thats it there is no we'll trot off to the b's next year?

Changes may be required depending how all clubs, players and volunteers feel the season has gone. Being bottom of the league this year does not automatically mean a club will not want to be in the same division next year. Every club must take into account the SFA's difficulties in organising football as the SFA must understand the clubs situations.

Until we are well in through this season, players know what their personal circumstance may be and any problems have been identified it is impossible to plan for next year acuratley. As far as an option to "stepdown" goes no decisions have been made about the following season as far as I know and the agreements met at the EGM were for last season and the forthcoming season only.

Lets hope everyone co-operates aswell as those they have done until now or we'll end up further away from a good league set-up.

Yell need to get a grip because they have been a shambles recently and the only thing keeping them going is some good young players ( who are only at their current level because of the work put in by unst youth coaches in Northern Rovers - there has been no Yell junior input in the last few years) and their Holy Grail that is Northern rovers.

I wid just lik say dat in da 10 years i've been playin fur Yell we hiv not missed 1 game due to a lack of players, however every team we da exception of Unst hiv cancelled or just not turned up in dat period. Includin away games! does dat sound lik a shambles? Dis year we dont hiv a permanant management team in place due to several key people bein unavailable fur da majority o da season and/or pre season.

And refresh my memory here but wis Steven Coutts wis da manager o da under 14s Northern Rovers team until last year or wis dat just Yell? dat is actually a question no a statement.

BobC6, Steven Coutts last had any involvement in nortern rovers(u'16) in 2004 when he and Jimmy Laurenson (Unst) both managed the team.(FACT)

I think the point that is tring to be made now is that since 2004 no yell person has worked with northern rovers. even so unst reps have tried to get them involved!

And for a good while before that it was Paul Regan, Danny Jamieson or Jim Rayner who took the youngsters, all of who represented Yell. These things come and go, the momentum and sheer numbers change - Just because Unst coach Northern Rovers at the moment doesn't mean they always will.

Yea i understand what your saying, but i recall efforts being put in by Unst members to ensure that they got to the games, always played in yell. At the moment, i can state as a fact, there is absolutely NO input from yell at all through the age groups, there are no signs of it changing, they cant even be relied on to inform 3 or 4 players of a macth. This all has to be done from Unst management. They make no effort to help out Rovers.

They have also provided no financial input to Rovers either, all of the costs have been stumped up by Unst FA

I wid just lik say dat in da 10 years i've been playin fur Yell we hiv not missed 1 game due to a lack of players, however every team we da exception of Unst hiv cancelled or just not turned up in dat period. quote]

Correct me if i am mistaken but did Yell no cancell a game 2 weeks ago we Ness on a sunny Sunday afternoon due to "lack of players"?!

Yea i understand what your saying, but i recall efforts being put in by Unst members to ensure that they got to the games, always played in yell. At the moment, i can state as a fact, there is absolutely NO input from yell at all through the age groups, there are no signs of it changing, they cant even be relied on to inform 3 or 4 players of a macth. This all has to be done from Unst management. They make no effort to help out Rovers.

They have also provided no financial input to Rovers either, all of the costs have been stumped up by Unst FA

As stated above - These things come and go.

And, as also stated before, I don't think anyone realises the precarious position Yell are in at the moment, with regards to players, managers, and general interest in football on the isle. You can't force more people to take up football, or make them be coaches - The general feeling on this forum seems to be that Yell have tons of people lying around who just "can't be bothered" to attend meetings or coach Northern Rovers at youth level, and that's just not the case. We are struggling as a club.

I wid just lik say dat in da 10 years i've been playin fur Yell we hiv not missed 1 game due to a lack of players, however every team we da exception of Unst hiv cancelled or just not turned up in dat period.

Correct me if i am mistaken but did Yell no cancell a game 2 weeks ago we Ness on a sunny Sunday afternoon due to "lack of players"?!

That wouldn't be a league match then, if this were two weeks ago?

If Yell still had P Regan and D Jamieson then I think that they would not be in the mess that they find themselves in now.

If the Northern Rovers team had continued then I think we would have had a Northern Rovers A and B team by now.

In the time since the Northern Rovers team finished Unst have carried on as normal but Yell seems to have lost their way.

P Regan left and went to work in Lerwick and no one seems to want to take on the task.

Should Yell fold then I am sure that most of their players will get a game for the other teams in the league as other teams including Unst are looking for players.

Remember that the league changes are for a one year test .

If Yell still had P Regan and D Jamieson then I think that they would not be in the mess that they find themselves in now.

I don't think there's any disputing that. (Apart from the "mess" allegation, but given the source...)

But as I posted above, it's not like we have scores of people just lying around who can't be bothered to dedicate themselves to football - That is simply not the case. Many of our older players are at university, and I'm sure at least Unst will understand the complications that come with shift-working at salmon farms - Around half of our squad are affected by this.

In the time since the Northern Rovers team finished Unst have carried on as normal but Yell seems to have lost their way.

Yell have lost players. This season Yell will have the smallest squad I can ever recall us having.

I see we are back to "Yells lack of players" which I ask you to think

1) Did a rep from Yell FC attend the SFA EGM last year?

IF so, did he categorically state to all other member clubs that Yell would have a lack of players?

2) Did a Yell FC rep attend the meeting and back up the Unst and Burra reps when THEY stated that their club felt they would struggle, to a point which would threaten their ability to fulfill their fixtures, and prevent the proposals from going through?

If so, do you think we would be having these discussions about Yell FC now.

Unst, Burra, Ness all raised strong concerns and advised "during the meeting" that they felt the changes were detremental to their clubs. I can only remember the Yell FC rep declaring that Yell FC would move up if Unst/Burra and W/dale did aswell.

Foot in mouth by all accounts and we are all paying for that now!!!