Latent violence

clanchief

I was "wackened" at 4.00am this morning by my wife violently punching the duvet. These were full elbow back with shoulder follow thro' punches.

I woke her up to find out what she was dreaming about, apparently she had been assaulted by a criminal & she was retaliating. This scary violence came from someone who leaves the room when I watch the boxing on TV!

I sleepily muttered something about the next stage of the dream would be the police probably charging her with assault & also commented on her punching style being better than anything seen on TV boxing lately & I then went to sleep hearing her giggling away to herself!

Anyone been the victim of "sleep punching" ? Should I consider wearing a headguard & gum shield in bed?

I was "wackened" at 4.00am this morning by my wife violently punching the duvet. These were full elbow back with shoulder follow thro' punches.

I woke her up to find out what she was dreaming about, apparently she had been assaulted by a criminal & she was retaliating. This scary violence came from someone who leaves the room when I watch the boxing on TV!

I sleepily muttered something about the next stage of the dream would be the police probably charging her with assault & also commented on her punching style being better than anything seen on TV boxing lately & I then went to sleep hearing her giggling away to herself!

Anyone been the victim of "sleep punching" ? Should I consider wearing a headguard & gum shield in bed?

Funnily enough, I find the most dangerous sleep is had with a female. Involuntary movements of the knee have left me crippled in pain on a few occasions.

I have also been victim to one female trying to crawl underneath me, as if burrowing like a rabbit.

I grabbed the wife by the ears and banged her head off (luckily) a flimsy wardrobe - she is the ex-wife now.

I also sleep-walked naked into my room-mates bedspace in my Army days. There is nothing like waking up with a stiffy only 6 feet from your just waking mate. I spent the next year making sure that he saw me with a selection of women and generally apologising.